Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vanishing Twin question... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496363)

Lisathena 03-01-2013 04:07 PM

Vanishing Twin question...

Ok i am 28 weeks along in my 5th pregnancy. This pregnancy started out as twins and then was termed vanishing twin. And i have not been able to shake the feeling that there is 2 still. WE had an ultrasound at 18 weeks an were told just one baby. And i am not HUGE but i am not small either LOL it feels like there is an awful lot of movement...

I am just wondering if other moms who have had a "vanishing twin" havent been able to shake the feeling either....

My mw is coming later i am going to have her palpitate lots and see what she feels...

and sorry if this is in the wrong spot....

mommyshanti 03-01-2013 07:42 PM

Re: Vanishing Twin question...

sorry for your loss:( I think at 18 weeks they would def. be able to see if there were two:(

wolffie 03-01-2013 08:40 PM

I had a vanishing twin with my first pregnancy. It was very hard to not be very hopeful at every appointment that they were wrong and would find the twin. I wish I could tell you they did. :(

nettepoet 03-01-2013 09:03 PM

for what its worth, ive heard of twins hiding really well, even when the mom had multiple ultrasounds, and then being surprised when two babies came out.

ive also heard crazy things like a woman going in for a c-section and intra-op discovering she wasnt even pregnant (she had had ultrasounds during her "pregnancy").

i think anything is possible, youll find out soon.

twinpossible 03-01-2013 09:24 PM

We had one twin hide until the 20 week u/s. There was one twin in the front and one all the way against the spine so she was nearly impossible to see. I don't want to get your hopes up but it IS possible. There is only one way to find out, wait a couple more weeks and do another u/s, get as many angles as possible. My 20 week u/s this time took over and hour because I was making them double, triple check that there was only ONE this time!

Lisathena 03-03-2013 11:10 AM

Thank you guys for your input....i just dont think the feeling will go away until birth. We cant afford another ultrasound and dont have any quicky places here. My mw was feeling around and she thinks def 1 just because i would have enough room and she would feel something. And i guess i am measuring right on now, it just sticks way out...or i feel it does.

i am sure its one...just hard letting the other one go i guess....i still have faith in God if he wants there to be one hiding there will be one...but if i KNEW there were 2 i couldnt have a homebirth in MT anyways...not sure if i would or not but...i like my options :)

Thanks again!

mibarra 03-03-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisathena (Post 16354146)
Thank you guys for your input....i just dont think the feeling will go away until birth. We cant afford another ultrasound and dont have any quicky places here. My mw was feeling around and she thinks def 1 just because i would have enough room and she would feel something. And i guess i am measuring right on now, it just sticks way out...or i feel it does.

i am sure its one...just hard letting the other one go i guess....i still have faith in God if he wants there to be one hiding there will be one...but if i KNEW there were 2 i couldnt have a homebirth in MT anyways...not sure if i would or not but...i like my options :)

Thanks again!

It's so hard mama. We went through a rough time and lost DD1s twin at 31 weeks. You probably will continue to have those feelings until baby comes out. I only grow straight out with my pregnancies and it's been very painful to endure all the twins comments about how I'm way too big for just 1 baby when I know that's all that's in there this time. Good luck!

Ellasundies 03-03-2013 01:20 PM

Sorry mama :hugs:

clothdipemama 03-04-2013 11:33 AM

This pregnancy started off as twins too. By 7 weeks there was 1 sac with a beating heart and another empty sac. By our 11 week ultrasound the empty sac was almost reabsorbed. I kept holding on to the chance that when we went in for the 11 week ultrasound to check on the sac that there would be 2. We are 17 weeks right now and I sometimes think that maybe just maybe when we go in for our 20 week ultrasound there will magically be 2. I think it's pretty normal to keep holding on to the hope that there is 2 :). Who knows??!!

crunchymamaNY 03-05-2013 05:22 PM

First off, I"m so sorry for your loss of a twin.

My cousin had been pregnant with twins, and she suffered a great tragety. She went for another ultrasound, and found only 1 heartbeat and found that she loss the other twin. She went on to successfully carry the other twin, however she was larger than her other pregnancies. I think that is normal. I've heard that when a mama loses one of the twin babies, she goes on to be larger (as though there were still 2 in there) and sometimes that baby is often larger as well.