Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496705)

canadianbakers 03-03-2013 06:48 AM

Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

:cowwave: Welcome to another week, mamas!

canadianbakers 03-03-2013 06:58 AM

Re: Chat Thread ~ Mar 3rd - 9th

from last weeks' thread :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11 (Post 16352693)
Once they were all bagged, the cashier handed her a receipt and told her the old man in front of her had paid for her groceries. Not because she looked like she needed them paid for, just because he wanted to do something nice. The cashier made it seem like the old man does this every so often.

:happycry: That is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11 (Post 16352714)
Is anyone getting their older children a gift or something for when baby arrives?

We've never done it. Well, I shouldn't say never - we had... like a pack of cars or something like that for the kids at the hospital when DS3 was born, but they didn't car about their things at all, they just wanted to see and hold the baby! So I'm not going to bother with anything this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by momneedssupport (Post 16352726)
She decided that his tiny diapers should be hers and wanted to wear diapers only.......fits thrown over panties.

Shoot. :crossfingers: she gets all this out of her system now, and then just loves having a baby when he comes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16352841)
Anyways, DD and this boy are like 2 months apart (he's 2 months younger) and about as different as 2 kids could possibly be.

:) I always think it's neat to see how different kids are/can be. I was floored when I realized that my own kids would be different, though - not quite sure why, but I was, lol.
DD and DS1 are very opposite. When we were pregnant with DS2 we figured he'd fall somewhere in the middle of them - nope! He's his own guy! With DS3 we didn't assume anything, and he's most definitely his own person as well :)

AFM: 34 weeks today! :thud: And even more so because that means some mamas here are all ready 36 weeks! OMGoodness!!!! We are getting so close to these little squishies! :wub:

EmilytheStrange 03-03-2013 07:04 AM

New week! 35 for me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11
Our girls are excited about seeing the baby as well, and all my 2.5 year old talks about is "we baby"..."this is for we baby", "I'm going to help change we baby's pee diapers", "I'm going to hold we baby", etc.

Magnolia is a lucky girl...I love plasma cars!! I want one. :giggle:

That is so amazing to me. Your 2.5yo has amazing comprehension! DD calls a few things 'baby things', but I honestly think she has no stinking' clue.

The concepts in the big sister book will likely click sometime after the baby comes.

I've started to realize there's an 85% chance that everytime the baby cries, DD might freak out. So that's gonna be fun. She is so sensitive to noise and people being upset. Me blowing my nose can send her into hysterics if I'm not careful. Anytime morning sickness hit, I spent the entire time throwing up consoling her.

So hopefully we'll be able to use the 'sometimes babies cry' part of the book and avoid meltdowns everytime. Lol.

Was funny. For the last day when she wakes up, she says 'daddy broke' and I'm like 'daddy's not broken' and so she says 'daddy broke the swing!' and I'm like 'yeah, daddy broke the swing' (with her on his lap, btw, so big impact). And we're coming downstairs and then she says 'sometimes things happen' and I just burst out laughing. Sounded so philosophical for a 2yo. Apparently DH has been trying to teach her that and to say 'no biggie'.

Anyways... Fun fun fun

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

canadianbakers 03-03-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16353463)
I've started to realize there's an 85% chance that everytime the baby cries, DD might freak out. So that's gonna be fun. She is so sensitive to noise and people being upset. Me blowing my nose can send her into hysterics if I'm not careful. Anytime morning sickness hit, I spent the entire time throwing up consoling her.

One of my older kids was like that - I can't remember which one though! We were very worried that when the next baby came we would always be dealing with 2 crying babies, but it turned out that they were fine with the baby crying - all other stuff still bothered them, and they didn't like other babies crying, but our baby was fine to cry. :headscratch: maybe that's not such a good thing after all, lol!
I do remember teaching them different ways to help baby feel better (paci, diaper change, nursing) and helping them understand that baby can't talk, so he cries to tell us something is wrong.

MrsCrafty 03-03-2013 08:06 AM

Well I've started having a few random ctx. They were actually pretty strong on Friday, yesterday they weren't as bad. I think baby turned head down and is putting pressure on my cervix. My midwife wants me off my feet resting, so I'm trying. Yesterday was rough, today my Mom is coming to help keep the kids occupied so I can rest and DH can get some things done.
So I'm shopping online for a new diaper bag. The one I ordered is way too small. Should have checked measurements. :blush: I tried putting a couple diapers, my wallet, extra outfit and it was stuffed.

mibarra 03-03-2013 09:08 AM

I'm more worried about my 2 hooligans waking the baby!! My 2 year old loves to talk about the baby, kiss the baby, hug the baby, cuddle the baby, talk about waiting for baby to come out. :)

Mom2Connor 03-03-2013 09:10 AM

33 wks here, no contractions yet and so far so good with no pre-e signs anymore. My BP has been good, no protein in my urine, etc.

I did some baby laundry yesterday which was fun to put away and look at. :) washed our bucket seat cover and it's been hanging to dry.

I am suddenly noticing smells and things have gotten stinky. We aren't super green and use regular tide detergent for laundry, and suddenly it smells awful. I bought baby a free and clear detergent, I didn't notice any bad smell from that.

I can't believe people will be delivering this month!! I can't wait to see pics, I hope people post baby pics!

Southern Momma 03-03-2013 10:36 AM

I'm new to joining in on the chat thread - my leave at work started this week so I've got some extra time now. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in :)

I'm 35 weeks this week! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11 (Post 16353452)

Once they were all bagged, the cashier handed her a receipt and told her the old man in front of her had paid for her groceries. Not because she looked like she needed them paid for, just because he wanted to do something nice. The cashier made it seem like the old man does this every so often.

That is awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rverrone11 (Post 16353452)

Is anyone getting their older children a gift or something for when baby arrives?

I'm putting together a "Big Sister" bag for M. It'll contain a big sister shirt or ribbon (I can't find either!), maybe a big sister book, a little camera (she loves to take pictures), I'm not sure what else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt (Post 16353606)
Well I've started having a few random ctx. They were actually pretty strong on Friday, yesterday they weren't as bad. I think baby turned head down and is putting pressure on my cervix. My midwife wants me off my feet resting, so I'm trying. Yesterday was rough, today my Mom is coming to help keep the kids occupied so I can rest and DH can get some things done.
So I'm shopping online for a new diaper bag. The one I ordered is way too small. Should have checked measurements. :blush: I tried putting a couple diapers, my wallet, extra outfit and it was stuffed.

My BH ctx have become more frequent and last night they woke me up they were so painful. I walked up and down the hall and they went away but to be honest I was a little scared. I had an ultrasound last week (needed to check baby's kidneys - all's well) and baby has dropped, turned head down and is pushing hard against my cervix. My midwife also wants me to take easy and rest... hence the early leave of absence from work.

RunawayBunny 03-03-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange (Post 16353463)

Was funny. For the last day when she wakes up, she says 'daddy broke' and I'm like 'daddy's not broken' and so she says 'daddy broke the swing!' and I'm like 'yeah, daddy broke the swing' (with her on his lap, btw, so big impact). And we're coming downstairs and then she says 'sometimes things happen' and I just burst out laughing. Sounded so philosophical for a 2yo. Apparently DH has been trying to teach her that and to say 'no biggie'.

Anyways... Fun fun fun

Hope everyone has a great start to the week!

So cute! One of my ds's favorite phrases is, "it happens". I about died with laughter the first time he pulled that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor (Post 16353775)
33 wks here, no contractions yet and so far so good with no pre-e signs anymore. My BP has been good, no protein in my urine, etc.

Great news!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Momma (Post 16354052)
I'm new to joining in on the chat thread - my leave at work started this week so I've got some extra time now. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping in :)

I'm 35 weeks this week! Woohoo!!!!!!!

Of course not! Welcome!

My ds's birthday party was so much fun! I am sad that he can't grow up close to his cousins because they have such a good time. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the mfm and I am hoping he will say all looks good for a 37 week c-sec! Dh leaves Tuesday morning back to Alabama so I am hopeful that we make it to the scheduled date so he won't miss the birth.

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and another on the way (Apr 2013)!

mibarra 03-03-2013 12:46 PM

I have good luck finding big/little brother/sister stuff at the Carters store for those looking ;)