Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dairy elimination diet (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1496909)

keen1981 03-03-2013 09:52 PM

Even though I am an LCE I have yet to actually under go a dairy elimination diet, myself!

What worked for you? Any favorite meals, snacks, ect?

I've gone vegan in my past so no dairy is not new to me but I find myself running out of ideas :) so just looking for some food inspiration! :)

l_Kimmie_l 03-04-2013 09:54 AM

Re: Dairy elimination diet

I ate trail mix a lot and granola type whole food snacks. I love cheese and ate goat's cheese as it did not bother my son, only dairy. I also shopped in the dairy free section of Whole foods and found lots of great foods.

keen1981 03-04-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I ate trail mix a lot and granola type whole food snacks. I love cheese and ate goat's cheese as it did not bother my son, only dairy. I also shopped in the dairy free section of Whole foods and found lots of great foods.

I love whole foods and hadn't even thought of goat cheese! Sweet Jesus! Yeah!

doulamomma 03-04-2013 10:14 AM

I just went dairy free this week. :popcorn:

Sent from my droid

keen1981 03-04-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doulamomma
I just went dairy free this week. :popcorn:

Sent from my droid

Sunday? Cause that is when I started too. Lol. Urgh.

l_Kimmie_l 03-04-2013 11:20 AM

They even have a great dairy free pizza and other frozen meals that are just amazing. Great for a quick lunch when you have kids.

keen1981 03-04-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
They even have a great dairy free pizza and other frozen meals that are just amazing. Great for a quick lunch when you have kids.

Exactly! I had no problems creating vegan master pieces pre Levi! But now?? I want s Luna bar and a cheese stick for lunch as I rush out the door!

I wonder what sprouts will have..

tesslouise 03-04-2013 01:14 PM

Breakfast: Granola with almond milk.
Fruit smoothie with pasteurized egg whites (the kind in a pint size carton) for protein.
Eggs.

Lunch: Salami sandwiches.
Green salads with salty, fatty, non-dairy stuff like olives, artichoke hearts, hard-boiled eggs.
PB&J.

Dinner: Hot dogs (nitrate free grass fed yada yada), baked beans, sauteed sweet onions, sauerkraut.
Sausages, green beans, roasted sweet potatoes.
Pasta with marinara. For protein use Barilla Plus pasta instead of regular.
Soup. There's a sweet potato, carrot, apple, red lentil soup on Allrecipes that is blended so it is creamy. Moroccan lentil soup from the Eating Well website is another good one.

Snacks: Nuts.
Fruit.
Dried fruit.
Lara Uber bars, though I haven't checked the label for cross-contamination.

HTH.

3GirlieMommy 03-04-2013 01:23 PM

Our family is pretty much always dairy-free as we are all lactose intolerant so things like rice cheese, earth balance (soy free) and almond milk are staples in our house. I find that with rice cheese sometimes I still have a reaction similar to having dairy (but I'm the only one in the family). There is also daiya cheese (though the kids don't really like it) and things like "mac and shreese" you can try. I love turkey bacon for protein and avocado in sandwiches (in place of cheese). And if you like to cook, just substitute the items above for the dairy. Good luck! :thumbsup:

keen1981 03-04-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tesslouise
Breakfast: Granola with almond milk.
Fruit smoothie with pasteurized egg whites (the kind in a pint size carton) for protein.
Eggs.

Lunch: Salami sandwiches.
Green salads with salty, fatty, non-dairy stuff like olives, artichoke hearts, hard-boiled eggs.
PB&J.

Dinner: Hot dogs (nitrate free grass fed yada yada), baked beans, sauteed sweet onions, sauerkraut.
Sausages, green beans, roasted sweet potatoes.
Pasta with marinara. For protein use Barilla Plus pasta instead of regular.
Soup. There's a sweet potato, carrot, apple, red lentil soup on Allrecipes that is blended so it is creamy. Moroccan lentil soup from the Eating Well website is another good one.

Snacks: Nuts.
Fruit.
Dried fruit.
Lara Uber bars, though I haven't checked the label for cross-contamination.

HTH.

No issues with pasta?