Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How long did it take you to go into labor after being taken off meds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497037)

jessicanashville 03-04-2013 10:51 AM

How long did it take you to go into labor after being taken off meds?

Those of you mama's who have been on procardia or Brethine or a similar drug to hold off labor.. How long did it take to go into labor once they took you off it? I was just back at the hospital with CX every 2 minute and they TRIPLED my procardia! I am curious to see how long it will take to get out my system. Last pregnancy I delivered about 5 days later but I have a feeling it won't take that long this time :) I am curious about everyone else's experiences.

shortcake2386 03-04-2013 11:02 AM

24 hours with my first two

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

colin-mylilguy 03-04-2013 06:27 PM

Re: How long did it take you to go into labor after being taken off meds?

I stopped taking it Thursday and got my last progesterone shot that day in the office. Sunday morning, 10 am, my water broke and baby was born at 2:22 pm.

txmommytobe 03-04-2013 07:49 PM

With my youngest I was taken off at my Dr appt at approximately 1 pm and baby was born at 2:15 am the next day so about 13 hours later. Hoping I don't have to take it this time but only time will tell

jessicanashville 03-05-2013 05:35 AM

Your answers are kinda what I am expecting...if my meds are even an hour late being taken my CX start right back up going strong lol.... My guess is when I go off them Monday morning I will have a baby by Wednesday :)

leyash 03-05-2013 07:20 AM

ddc.

how far along are you?

jessicanashville 03-05-2013 09:31 AM

I will be 36 weeks Monday :) I have been on meds for over a month and in the hospital twice...baby is measuring almost 38 weeks though :) 6 more days!!!

leyash 03-05-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicanashville (Post 16361378)
I will be 36 weeks Monday :) I have been on meds for over a month and in the hospital twice...baby is measuring almost 38 weeks though :) 6 more days!!!

nice! good luck!

MrsTorres 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

I took my last dose around bedtime, the next dose would have been due around 8am and I went into labor around 10am..he was born at 2:57.

MrsTorres 03-05-2013 11:20 AM

I took my last dose around bedtime, the next dose would have been due around 8am and I went into labor around 10am..he was born at 2:57.