Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   oye, suddenly wish I were a SAHM (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497055)

Palooka 03-04-2013 11:39 AM

oye, suddenly wish I were a SAHM

After constant traveling, weekend work and exhaustion, I just discovered my work is telling clients I have a higher title than I do. Why? Because they think clients will be bothered if they know someone so low on the totem poll is handling such important business. But don't worry, it is not an actual promotion.

Wtf. I'm spending time away from my baby for THIS!?

Fashionably Green Baby 03-04-2013 11:46 AM

:( it is hard. I am a WAHM but when ODD was a toddler I briefly worked outside the home. It was terrible and I worked at the daycare she attended so at least I could pop in and say hi to her. I made more money doing that but I never had time with her since I worked 40 hours/week and our drive home was almost an hour due to traffic. By the time we got home we had 30 minutes until bedtime :/ I hated that.

BoyCrazy 03-04-2013 11:48 AM

Re: oye, suddenly wish I were a SAHM

Nice...how did you find that out? Did they tell you or did a customer say something?

keonli 03-04-2013 11:54 AM

I would go and talk to the boss. If you're given a higher title, then your pay should match that!

Shimpie 03-04-2013 11:57 AM

:nono:

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense. I'd be so peeved over this, that I'd would almost threaten to reveal the correct title to the clients. Obviously you deserve this promotion because you're already doing the work.

jam's mum 03-04-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli (Post 16357957)
I would go and talk to the boss. If you're given a higher title, then your pay should match that!

Agreed!

MommyLyssa 03-04-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimpie (Post 16357969)

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense. I'd be so peeved over this, that I'd would almost threaten to reveal the correct title to the clients. Obviously you deserve this promotion because you're already doing the work.

This. I would NOT be ok with that. They are being very dishonest, and having you do work that you are not being paid for (at the rate you should be, anyway)

evasimone 03-04-2013 12:14 PM

Jeez. I'd be upset. I'd ask for a title change if not a raise if they don't seem likely to give you a raise. Then at least you can look better on your resume when you go hunting for a new job! :thumbsup:

UnderTheStars 03-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

:yeahthat:

momtojande 03-04-2013 02:15 PM

That's not right. :( Sucks to work for dishonest people.

Quote:

I say you deserve the title that's being advertised to your clients. It's misrepresentation and very likely dishonest. Is your company billing the clients a higher billing rate than what your title would normally bill for? If, so your company is making a profit at your expense.

Plus, they're dragging you into it. When clients figure out you're not what they thought, they'll hold you responsible too.

They need to make it right. If they need you to have a certain title to carry out your responsibilities, then you should have that title.