Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   When did you start cloth diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497134)

songofmyheart86 03-04-2013 03:37 PM

When did you start cloth diapers?

When did you start using cloth diapers? Immediately after birth or did you wait a few weeks to start them?

nana2peach 03-04-2013 03:44 PM

Re: When did you start cloth diapers?

DD was just over 2 months when I tried cloth because of a rash I couldn't get rid of. I only had a few prefolds and 2 plastic pants that were huge on her, but within 24 hours, the rash was gone. Every time I put her in disposable, she would get the same rash.

songofmyheart86 03-04-2013 03:50 PM

How many disposables did you go through until then?

lfw802 03-04-2013 05:30 PM

I'm a ftm so I don't have personal experience to add but... I talked to some other mamas who said they were going through 12 diapers or more each day, and having explosive ebf blowouts too! I decided I'd rather invest in a newborn stash and just go for it. We will be doing baby laundry anyway so we might as well do diaper laundry too. Plus I can save the newborn stash for use with future babies too.

sativa83 03-04-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songofmyheart86 (Post 16358802)
When did you start using cloth diapers? Immediately after birth or did you wait a few weeks to start them?

I waited until the black tar poop stopped with my daughter

paaterzone 03-04-2013 07:08 PM

We waited until my son's belly button was healed. Honestly, as a first time cloth diaper mom, between healing from my c section and getting used to a new baby, I felt that figuring out which cloth diaper system worked for us could wait a few weeks. :-)

ChloeNAydensmom 03-04-2013 07:43 PM

I didn't start using cloth until my second child and with her she was about 7 to 8 months, with my 3rd I didn't start until she fit into OS, this one I am starting as soon as I get out of the hospital, I am a c-section mama (by necessity due to a permanent stitch around my cervix) and will be in the hospital too long to bring cloth (Id have to bring way to many and they wouldn't be getting washed) I figure by the time we leave the tar poop should be done as well.

jennayoung99 03-04-2013 08:27 PM

We waited until we got home from the hospital, dd was in the nicu for 8 days, as soon as we got home she went in her first cloth diaper.

mommyjlo 03-05-2013 05:31 AM

At 24 hrs old. I was ready to jump in and get started even post csection. My LO has not been in a sposie since! :) This time I plan to use cloth from moment one. I have stocked up a bit more this time to make washing easier.

heavenlyblessedmom 03-05-2013 06:24 AM

Immediately. My youngest two have never worn a disposable in their life.