Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   We have to get induced tomorrow:( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1498396)

Maeve Baby 03-08-2013 07:36 PM

We have to get induced tomorrow:(

Had our stress test done today as I'm 40+6. First baby girl was off with a really high heart rate that would not come down but after some IV fluids and I let them know I did have a coffee this morning(which I normally don't) her heart rate returned to normal.

But then during my US they discovered fluids are low at 32 when they should be at 50 so they told me I would have to be induced tomorrow morning. The OB did a stretch and sweep and I have tonight to go into labour on my own but sadly nothing is really happening so far.

I will do what ever I need to do to make sure she arrives healthy but I'm seriously upset I have to be induced tomorrow. I wanted to go into labour on my own-I worry about the interventions, how I will be able to deal with the pain and stress all the drugs may put on the baby. I realize her being in there is no good and she has to come out but I just never thought we would be looking at this as her birth plan/story.

Wish us luck-send me good labour vibes and keep our little girl in your thoughts that she arrives healthy and safe to us.

JaimeeRooker 03-08-2013 07:56 PM

Re: We have to get induced tomorrow:(

DDC

Thinking ELV for ya!! Being over 40wks gives you a much better chance of having a smooth induction.:)

jaelynsmommy61607 03-08-2013 08:03 PM

Ddc-are you sure you have low fluids? Maybe they're measured differently. I had low fluid with all 3 of mine. Low is anything below 5. But again maybe its a different system. The ideal number is 25. And when you're close to labor they naturally lower. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. Inductions scare me.

TS8213 03-08-2013 08:31 PM

Good luck tomorrow! Hopefully baby will come on its' own so you can avoid an induction. I took was going to question your fluid numbers. Normal is 7-27 (ish), but maybe your caregiver uses different measurements.

Maeve Baby 03-08-2013 10:44 PM

The midwife said I can try labour coctail(two doses) or mother`s cordial tomorrow(16 drops every 1 hour). These are more of a natural induction options but if they don`t work-because my cervix is favorable the OB will just put me right on oxytocin IV at the hospital. I did the labour cocktail with DS and I hated it but it worked so I might just go that route to avoid IV and being hooked up to all that gross stuff.

sterlids 03-09-2013 12:20 AM

your fluid isn't low at all. i was told anything between 8 and 24 is optimal. hmmm if you don't want to be induced i'd fight it. i have my fluid checked weekly. this week it was 13 and last week it was 15 and neither doc was worried.

on the other side of things. induced labor isn't always a horribly bad thing. i was induced with my son, first baby, because i had zero cervical changes going on. they gave me cervidil for 12 hrs the night before and that didn't do anything either. i was on pit for 1 hour and didn't need anymore than that. they started the pit at 4am and stopped it at 5 am. my water broke at 6:30 and i had my son at 12:57 pm after pushing for just 30 mins. i got my epidural when i was 1.5 cm and i didn't tear at all. i had one stitch but the doc said he was doing it to cover his own self, lol.

TS8213 03-09-2013 04:08 AM

I was induced this time, also with an unfavorable cervix. I was only 1cm, thick and very posterior. I was given 2 doses of Cervadil and my squish was born less than 24 hrs after we started. No Pitocin needed. I had IV access but was never hooked up to anything. Natural birth with a tiny tear (2 stitches) because she was born so quickly. It was a really good induction.

If your cervix is unfavorable, I'd request to start with Cervadil to help ready it. Starting with Pitocin will just make your labor longer and harder.

abunchoflemons 03-09-2013 05:39 AM

thinking of you. i would suggest walking lots but not sure if you should if fluids low.

kushie tushie 03-09-2013 05:48 AM

Good luck! Everything will be fine and remember we just want healthy babies. Yours will be too :)
You'll do great and so will your little girl. We'll all be thinking about you guys :hugs:

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

NappyChappy 03-09-2013 06:35 AM

I hope things go well for you and the little miss. Good luck!