Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   You're still nursing!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499563)

4bundlesofjoy 03-13-2013 09:29 AM

You're still nursing!!!

I'm so tired of getting the looks/comments from people about me still nursing our 17month old. He's #4 and his older siblings weened themselves early on but our little one (I think) still needs the closeness and time :/

l_Kimmie_l 03-13-2013 09:41 AM

Re: You're still nursing!!!

I am sure I will get the same comments when DS turns 1 next month and I do not wean. I am pretty vocal, so I am sure I will only hear it from my parents once.

knodceo 03-13-2013 09:44 AM

Nursing my 22 month old still.::hoping he self weans soon or I am gonna loose it! Some days I cherish it more than others. And let them talk...it's not their business!

need some diaps! 03-13-2013 09:46 AM

people are jerk wads...throw the world health org stats at them and remind them that you choose to do what is best for your baby ;)

Janet4 03-13-2013 10:03 AM

Still nursing my 3 yo - only once every day/every other day. Never thought I'd still be bfing at this age, but...she's #4 & I still enjoy the cuddle time. You do what feels right & works for you & your lo!

jennayoung99 03-13-2013 10:16 AM

i get the comments too, they started at 6 months "when are you gonna wean her?" i'm not she'll tell me when shes done, then a year, then when i got pregnant, and probably again when i have the baby. it's all DH's family, my mom is very supportive of me BFing as long as we want to, even tho she only nursed me until 11 months. she knows all the info supporting it now. i get that people are curious, but the judgemental ones should just mind their own business, my baby, my body, my choice.

slyeates 03-13-2013 10:53 AM

My nursling is 14 months old. She still nurses 5-6 times a day. I am already getting "the look" from family members. They know better than to say anything though. :neener:

nana2peach 03-13-2013 11:05 AM

I would tell them, Oh no, I don't nurse, my baby does.

People are so judgemental. Drives me nuts.

Nerissa 03-13-2013 11:06 AM

I am sure I will get them soon. DD is 6 month old. I was only able to nurse her brothers for 6 months. She is still going strong.

l_Kimmie_l 03-13-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nana2peach (Post 16391096)
I would tell them, Oh no, I don't nurse, my baby does.

People are so judgemental. Drives me nuts.

:giggle2: I am so using this!