Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   what age did you leave child overnight? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1499596)

newbiemama 03-13-2013 12:08 PM

what age did you leave child overnight?

Just wondering how old were your kids when you left them overnight for the first time?

Nerissa 03-13-2013 12:14 PM

Re: what age did you leave child overnight?

DS1 was 7 months when he stayed with my parents so DH and I could attend an OOT wedding.

DS2 was 2 months when he stayed with my parents.

DD1 is 6 months and hasn't stayed overnight yet. We tried when she was 5 months but DS2 got sick so I didn't go.

Both the older boys have spent many nights at my parents or my mom has stayed at our house with them. I completely trust my mom and have no issues at all leaving them with her overnight.

sisu 03-13-2013 12:18 PM

DS is 3 and the only time he was away from us overnight was when he was 19 months and I was having DD. He didn't even miss us.

DD is 16 months and has never been away from us overnight. I'm sure she'd be fine if we left her but we really haven't had any reason or opportunity to yet.

Dory 03-13-2013 12:20 PM

My oldest was 15 months, so that I could have the second. The second was 2, because he wasn't a very independent child. The third is 1, and hasn't.

stevensmom 03-13-2013 12:22 PM

DS was about 2.5 (I was in the hospital for a d&c)

DD was 15months (I was in the hospital for emergency surgery)

sucks that the first time my kids slept over at grandmas was because of a m/c :(

ulawolf 03-13-2013 12:22 PM

We leave our babies as early as 2 mo with grandparents depending on baby dd4 was six months before only because she was still up every two hours.

We have 5 kids and every single.one is as comfortable at grandmas as here. My 2 year old will pack her lovies and ask to go stay about once a week. She loves it over there. My teens stay several weeks a summer with family. my older dds nanny for different family members out of state every summer. They both started at about 14 .

AutumnRose 03-13-2013 12:24 PM

DS when he was 16 months old, it killed me, I was having DD and it was during swine flu, I didnt see him for four days, till they sent me home.

DD was almost 2, grandma wanted her to spend the night.

DS is now 4 and DD is 3, they have each spent a night away here and there, either with grandparents or their Aunt who they are super close to.

DD#2, hasnt yet, she is 17 months old.

MsGiggles 03-13-2013 12:27 PM

Do you mean sleepovers (for fun) or just out of necessity or both?

DD1 right after her 2yr birthday started doing sleepovers on her own to grandparents' place out of town. Lots of fun!

mommabritt 03-13-2013 12:37 PM

DS1 was about 11 months.
Ds2 was over 2
Ds3 was over 2
Dd hasn't ever.

ktmelody 03-13-2013 12:40 PM

About 3 years old. Haven't really needed them to spend the night anywhere so it's usually for fun and grandmas. We breast feed and my babies won't take bottles so leaving a young baby wouldn't work for us.