Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Need resources (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500364)

Van1300 03-15-2013 04:57 PM

Need resources

My 4 month old's preschool teachers keep sending home notes asking for more milk. I am pumping between 11-12 oz daily (I work fill time) and I send what I pump in 3 bottles. He is there from 7:30am until 5:15pm. I nurse at 6am when I wake up and at 6pm when my husband brings the kids home. The baby cluster feeds a lot before bed and wakes up 1-2 times at night. We are actually going through a growth spurt (just learned how to roll over), so I am trying to keep up but feel I have a good supply.

I am looking for specific resources or sentences from articles you might have (not just website links as I know about Kellymom and LLL) to give them that talk about amount of milk needed (like an ounce an hour), cluster feeding at night and reverse cycling, and how milk composition changes as baby gets older (to prove baby doesn't need more).

All the women in our class are breastfeeding so I want to ask if they are getting the same sort of notes being sent home. My guy is one of the youngest in the room.

Thanks for any and all help!!!!! :hugs:

jacksmommy1 03-15-2013 06:36 PM

I personally would send in an additional bottle. I'm sure what your sending is just enough but sometimes babies babies want a little more. Maybe one more 3oz bottle?

Sorry I re read and saw you were just looking for resources not advise. Good luck I hope someone can give you sone good resources

Van1300 03-16-2013 10:52 AM

I found a pretty good article on kellymom. I am hoping it will help. Thanks anyhoo for reading!

1healthylady 03-16-2013 05:51 PM

I'm mobile and don't have any resources. I know I saw somewhere though how much milk a baby's tummy can hold tho. I think it was kellymom or the alpha parent's timeline of a breastfed baby. Sounds like we have about the same schedule. I pump at 5:30a, 10a, 3p, and 5p before going home. I've been seeing DD at lunch to feed her then too, and stimulate more milk. It took us over a month to finally figure out how much milk to send and in what size bottles. Now we send 4x4oz, and oatmeal, and usually have a bottle left over. If LO is satisfied its enough, otherwise you may need to send more. We also sent the paci so they could give that to her when she was still fussing within an hour of a bottle. It usually put her to sleep. She just needed to suck.

From the phone.

FrozenBooty 03-16-2013 07:22 PM

Shoot me a link to the resource you found I'm panicking about my little guy going to daycare in 3 weeks

lady longs 03-16-2013 07:33 PM

Re: Need resources

Jack newman has a really really good website. And, he is a DOCTOR...(not that I'm concerend about that). But they may take more stock in that. I think his website is breasfeedingonline. But, not sure. If u google jack newman, u will find his site. Tons of great info on every breasfeeding topic there is