Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   what is best for feeding expressed milk? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1500596)

gghmommy 03-16-2013 03:08 PM

what is best for feeding expressed milk?

Having trouble finding a really slow flow nipple. Just wondering for those of you who've used different brands, what's the slowest you used? I got a free similac bottle- lowest level of nipple, their new one, it was way too fast for my little man. He chokes enough on my letdown, the bottle shouldn't be pouring out too! thanks.

AngelElle 03-16-2013 03:29 PM

The slowest, and least leaky bottle we had was th 97 cents parents choice at Walmart. They are clear with an animal printed on the side and a bright colored ring. Tried a few others and luckily the cheapies worked best!

l_Kimmie_l 03-16-2013 03:46 PM

Re: what is best for feeding expressed milk?

My 1st son did well on Platex nursers with latex nipples. My 2nd son would only use the Walmart cheapies like the PP mentioned. My 3rd son took Playtex nursers with latex nipples. My 4th son uses Advent or Medela when he will take one.

1healthylady 03-16-2013 05:23 PM

DD uses Avent bottles. We started with the #1 nipples, now she'll only use #2. We tried the #3 at one point and it was just too much for her.

From the phone.

Only 03-17-2013 12:06 AM

I had success using Born free bottles with the size 1 nipples.

jaelynsmommy61607 03-17-2013 02:20 AM

I've used playtex drop in withs all 3 kids.

abunchoflemons 03-17-2013 03:02 AM

Breastform I hear. My hubby used medelas.

blessedtxmommy 03-18-2013 01:29 AM

Lasinoh makes a bottle called "momma" It has a rounded unique breast shape that comes with a slow flow nipple. You can purchase med flow or fast flow nipples if you choose. I just purchased one off Amazon for $4.50! After doing some research on what bottle would be best for breast fed babies this bottle had the best reviews. So I decided to give it a try. My son is not due yet but I really want my hubby and children to be able to participate in feeding him as well. I breast fed our daughter till she was almost two and I basically just gave her my breast exclusively. And when I did decide to give her a bottle I would use the playtex drop ins. They seemed to work best for her at the time. But the drop ins could get a little pricy and I didn't like that. I hope this new bottle I purchased will work out for our son. I only purchased one just in case it's a fail. But I do intend on having him take my breast as much as possible!

omahonycm 03-18-2013 02:48 AM

I've had two babies who do not like bottles and I've purchased every bottle and contraption under the sun. Hands down are the MAM bottles. They are reasonable on amazon. Love love love.

cuddlebunny_24 03-18-2013 06:08 AM

Re: what is best for feeding expressed milk?

Breastflow might work for you. The baby controls the flow just like at the breast. They are sometimes hard to come by. Check babies r us, walmart and target.