Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   THEN and NOW (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502152)

Sarahknavy 03-21-2013 03:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Let's see them ladies. We know they have changed so much in the past month.

Attachment 137661

Attachment 137662

We are struggling with overactive let down and I believe reflux too. She never sleeps more than a couple hours and is only soothed by bouncing on the yoga ball. Can't wait til out dr appt Monday to see if he can help her.

Ainmemphis 03-21-2013 06:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Great idea hope my pictures work

Attachment 137706

Attachment 137707

Ainmemphis 03-21-2013 06:42 PM

We dealt with overactive letdown as well, I started holding him more upright and did block feeding for awhile things are much better, hope you get some help!

Sarahknavy 03-21-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ainmemphis
We dealt with overactive letdown as well, I started holding him more upright and did block feeding for awhile things are much better, hope you get some help!

Yeah. I tried a lot of things and finally resorted to pumping. I know it's not the best solution but she is much happier now. Still wondering about reflux. She will be sleeping and let out a ring burp and start screaming :(

He sure looks different!

Ainmemphis 03-22-2013 10:20 PM

I was afraid of reflux and put a wedge under the cosleeper mattress. He sleeps fine at night but I'm still uncertain about the reflux I get conflicting symptoms ... I guess as long as he isn't miserable we are good.

Sarahknavy 03-23-2013 01:37 PM

I put a pillow under her mattress last night and worked on swaddling some more and she had a pretty good stretch(3 hr).

Ainmemphis 03-23-2013 01:53 PM

Yay for some improvement hope that it keeps up!

abunchoflemons 03-26-2013 04:34 AM

Re: THEN and NOW

We have tons of towels and you could do that or blankets if you don't have a pillow you want to use all the time or it goes too flar or need more leverage then I have heard the liner for shelves to help keep them in place. I heard that if they are gaining weight don't worry about reflux. Glad that you are finding other ways to put yours to sleep. My boy likes mommy and car seat. None of mine were real fond of swaddling especially my 2nd 2 kids. Oldest was okay with it.

Sarahknavy 03-26-2013 08:12 AM

Got to go to the dr today. She is gaining fine but we both( dr and I) still think its reflux. We started Zantac at 4 pm and this is the first night I have not had a screaming fit. She woke every two hours and ate like never before. I only just now sat on the yoga ball with her and she was out within 3min. I am so relieved! I am not against medication at all if that is what it takes to make my baby not hurt.

The Fancy Pansy 03-26-2013 10:49 AM

Re: THEN and NOW

:hugs: We are battling reflux as well. We've had it with all 3 girls. Even if they are gaining, it still needs addressed so they don't end up with permanent damage to their esophagus.

We have Olivia on Prevacid (which is what worked for our other 2), but it's not cutting it. I need to call the dr today and see about trying something else.

I also need to take more updated pics.