Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Allergy questions + Flying with epi-pens (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502260)

PoshPants 03-21-2013 06:33 PM

Allergy questions + Flying with epi-pens

I have 2 kids with possible food allergies and me and DH have allergies (2 different kinds). Right now I carry 2 sets of epi-jrs + chewable benedryl and adult benedryl in the bag, it's heavy.

1. Is this what I should have on me?
2. Can I fly with the epi-pens?
3. I bought liquid benedryl, it comes in 4oz, it's sealed, will TSA allow it?

I have never needed to use these things while out but do NOT want to be the one with a food allergy reaction and nothing on us (also allergic to latex and animals)

jasminegrl 03-21-2013 06:48 PM

Re: Allergy questions + Flying with epi-pens

go to the tsa website and print off their regulations for medications, i had no trouble traveling with medications larger than the allowed amount the last time I flew but it can't hurt to have the information on you.

PoshPants 03-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasminegrl (Post 16421741)
go to the tsa website and print off their regulations for medications, i had no trouble traveling with medications larger than the allowed amount the last time I flew but it can't hurt to have the information on you.

epi pens are OK too?

what would you carry in the every day bag?

Newton 03-21-2013 07:04 PM

I have flown with liquid meds and it has been fine, but having the info printed off would be a great idea.
As well, they do sell individual doses of Benadryl, might lighten your load and make it easier with regulations

Hungry Caterpillar 03-21-2013 07:22 PM

In ten years of flying multiple times a year, I have had one person, once, give me crap about the Epi-Pen. I keep mine in the box it came in with my prescription label on it when I fly so they know it's really for me.

I always have Benadryl in tablets for me as well. As for the liquid Benadryl, if it's over the 3oz amount, you may just need to either have a note from the doctor on a prescription pad saying it's necessary or you will need to call the airline beforehand to confirm.

PoshPants 03-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newton (Post 16421784)
I have flown with liquid meds and it has been fine, but having the info printed off would be a great idea.
As well, they do sell individual doses of Benadryl, might lighten your load and make it easier with regulations

I've seen them before but can NOT find them anywhere, maybe they stopped doing them? :headscratch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar (Post 16421837)
In ten years of flying multiple times a year, I have had one person, once, give me crap about the Epi-Pen. I keep mine in the box it came in with my prescription label on it when I fly so they know it's really for me.

I always have Benadryl in tablets for me as well. As for the liquid Benadryl, if it's over the 3oz amount, you may just need to either have a note from the doctor on a prescription pad saying it's necessary or you will need to call the airline beforehand to confirm.

I don't have the boxes for them anymore :blush:

armywife2002 03-21-2013 08:00 PM

i flew with an opened bottle of allegra for ds, I forgot to put it in the checked luggage, and they just made me open it so they could look at it (dont know what they were looking for though, lol). dont know if it would be different because its new

PoshPants 03-21-2013 08:26 PM

wags has their own perfect measure so I'll order that, it's sure pricey!

I have quick desolve tabs, but the liquid is better? I am new to this stuff

AngelTV83 03-21-2013 08:43 PM

No one even asked about he dpi pens I carried for dd. I brought the box they came in and I have labels on then individually from the pharmacy because for school it has to be officially hers. They sell the individual dose benedryl at cvs it is their store brand though

mmmom 03-21-2013 11:03 PM

When going through security I was asked about "sharps". I mentioned i had epi pens and was told "you and everyone else".