Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   HELP me put my baby down! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502421)

Sarahknavy 03-22-2013 10:38 AM

HELP me put my baby down!

What else can I try to sooth her. She likes to be held mostly upright bouncing on a yoga ball. Nothing else works! I am pretty sure she has silent reflux but the dr couldn't see is for 10 days.

I have tried

Wrap and mei tai
Swing in both directions
Rocking
Vibrating
Dancing works occasionally....

Please help... My back and shoulders are killing me

keen1981 03-22-2013 10:42 AM

How old is Baby? Nursing?

Well not all criers have reflux. So she may more may not. I have now experienced TWO babies like this. Mine! Lol!!

It's a stage for them and they DO grow out of it but it takes months.

I tried meds, but there was no improvement do we stopped. Tried elimination diets- nada. Grumpy babies. Colic.

Have you read the happiest baby on the block? I would get it. Also give swaddling it slings time to work. It's not instant quiet for some babies. Take them on a walk around the house in it. I found if I use the hip hold with my sling that Levi will pass out. No other way calms him.

l_Kimmie_l 03-22-2013 10:43 AM

Re: HELP me put my baby down!

I wish I had advice, but I still hold my 11 month old all day. None of my kids ever allowed me to put them down...LOL!

keonli 03-22-2013 10:43 AM

I had the same issue with my baby too. Have you tried swaddling yet????

Amandamama 03-22-2013 11:01 AM

I'd try swaddling, and wearing her in the sling or MT while u bounce on the yoga ball.. That can help her get used to be carried in a carrier instead of your arms.., then u can wean off the ball:). Also, putting her upright in a carrier & going right out for a brisk walk:)

Sarahknavy 03-22-2013 11:08 AM

She's 5 weeks old

It's not just about holding her... I would hold her all day if it helped ... But I have to bounce. I tried swaddling(I really want her to like swaddling. I swaddled my son for 8 months) . It worked last night but not before that and not now :/

I think it's reflux because she will be sleeping and let out a quiet burp and wake up screaming. She also coughs and gags often.

Sarahknavy 03-22-2013 11:15 AM

I appreciate any suggestions. Just trying to get some good tips. The yoga ball tip came from someone who brought me food and it was the best tool ever. Before that she would cry for hours.

Oh, yes I am nursing but she won't comfort nurse :(

keonli 03-22-2013 11:39 AM

I was in a similar situation with my daughter. It turned out she was sensitive to dairy and that made her colicky. She would cry for 2-3 hours sometimes and yes, we held and bounced her too. She was super gassy and I've begun taking probiotics regularly. Do you think your DD might be dealing with that too? My DD is now 3 months and she is so much better now!

whiteyacht 03-22-2013 11:46 AM

Will she take a pacifier?

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

Sarahknavy 03-22-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keonli
I was in a similar situation with my daughter. It turned out she was sensitive to dairy and that made her colicky. She would cry for 2-3 hours sometimes and yes, we held and bounced her too. She was super gassy and I've begun taking probiotics regularly. Do you think your DD might be dealing with that too? My DD is now 3 months and she is so much better now!

We are doing probiotics and I am trying to eliminate dairy.(accidentally had cream cheese this morning grrrrr) glad to hear she is doing better. Hopefully mine will be better by then cause that's about when my husband deploys. It would be nice to have a more satisfied baby.

I tried a pacifier. I have tried many but she won't even suck on a finger.

Is there a difference between her taking a probiotic and me taking one?