Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question for those of you who use OS diaps (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502606)

PurpleDaffodil 03-22-2013 09:11 PM

Question for those of you who use OS diaps

About when did you move up to the next snap height? DS has been wearing the same snap height since he was 1 month, he is now 6 months, I am thinking it may be time to move up, but I'm not sure

AZmommy 03-22-2013 09:13 PM

Re: Question for those of you who use OS diaps

I started with one size diapers at around 4 months (could have probably done it sooner) we were on the smallest rise till around a yearish then we stayed on the middle rise till just recently, I finially made the perment switch the highest rise like a week ago at age 3.

Lesley@CottonBabies 03-22-2013 10:39 PM

We started using our bumGenius 4.0 diapers at 2 weeks on the smallest rise setting, and waist setting. She is now 6 months, and is still on the smallest rise setting, but has one snap showing on the waist setting. I know I moved my older daughter up to the second rise setting at around 16 pounds, she was a chunkier baby though. She's actually 22 months now, and still on the same rise setting! It really depends on each individual baby and their build. My 6 month old is right under 16 pounds, but she still looks like she has a ways to go on the small setting. I hope this was somewhat helpful and I didn't ramble too much ;)

alyxmegan 03-22-2013 10:42 PM

How do you tell when to move it up?

eflannery 03-22-2013 10:49 PM

With my dd I could always tell we needed to up a size in disposables when the back didn't come up far enough to keep everything in (ie she would have explosions/leaking out of the top of the back). Also you want the rise in front to be right around the belly button for same reason - too low and you may get leaks.

I'm going to assume the same concept applies to adjusting the rise in a cloth diaper as going up a size in disposables....

AZmommy 03-23-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyxmegan (Post 16426067)
How do you tell when to move it up?

sometimes it was because of leaks
sometimes it was just starting to fit wonky and the larger setting worked better

abunchoflemons 03-23-2013 01:46 AM

In legs it was a bit too snug as we have os without rise. Or a bit harder to snap around waist.

jennayoung99 03-23-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy

sometimes it was just starting to fit wonky and the larger setting worked better

This! If you think maybe its time, try it out, see if it fits better.

momEmac 03-23-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZmommy

:this:
My DS is tall and skinny, has a longer rise and no butt. He's 15 months, 22lbs and about 33" tall. He can fit either medium or highest rise now. I have him on the highest rise because the medium kind of fits wonky, but there is a little gap in the legs, but I don't have any problems with leaks so that doesn't bother me. I think it's just a matter of experimenting. Move up in rise for a day or two and see how you like the rise, if it doesn't seem to work as well, move back.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes. :)

AZmommy 03-23-2013 10:27 AM

You might also find a larger settin works best for a season then suddenly its better snapped down. Its one of the nice things Ive come to appreciate with one size I can adjust up and down with my babies changing body.