Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Which size prefold? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502608)

myclanof6 03-22-2013 08:18 PM

Which size prefold?

I'm wondering which size prefolds I should get. DD has been hovering at 32 lbs for a few months and looks like she will stay the same for a while. She is 2 1/2 and about 34" with a somewhat short rise, she wears about a 2T for length but needs 3T for waist.
I can just barely get the (DR and Imagine) mediums to pin/snappi but the rise is too short. She doesn't look like she is near PTing so these may be used for the next year.
I'm looking at the GMD seconds (since they are cheaper), should I get Large or XL? DD2 (almost 3 months) is a BIG girl at almost 14 lbs and 24.5", so we will get use out of either size eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing :)

ltlmrs 03-22-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Which size prefold?

I'm having good luck with Babykicks XL toddler size for my 30 lb 18 mo old. Even with a big belly I think she won't outgrow it before PTing.

c&w's mama 03-22-2013 10:14 PM

Re: Which size prefold?

lol. wish you didn't tell me they have more greens again :giggle:

My DS has a high rise, is taller, but weighs less. I think the green seconds are perfect for him now-- and not my normal "over-doing it." My first quality are a tiny bit longer (which I like and we'll undoubtedly need as he's a year and a half). I like having both (but I have to say I have every color and seconds in many, so I might not be very objective here). I tend to oversize because of his rise and height (please keep this in mind!), but would suggest green seconds to you. I'd be worried that the browns would be too short. BUT I've never diapered a short rise... tell us something that fits well.

Only if you can swing it, I would buy a dozen browns and a dozen greens- both seconds. Save the shipping and combine. I used browns with a trifolded red inside for DS's 4 month old night time diaper. If you like prefolds, I think with 2 you would get good use. At one point, I was night diapering with a pad folded brown inside a green with a hemp insert outside that- worked great! It is huge!!

myclanof6 03-23-2013 08:18 AM

I was planning on getting 2 dozen total, so I guess I could get one of each. With two in diapers I HAVE TO wash every other day or it is a huge pile.
What fits her (somewhat) well is the new style medium FB. The older pointy tabs and too low in the rise now. I use pockets for going out but prefer flats and pf's for home.
She isn't anywhere near an average or "normal" size on most things, that's why I want to be sure I will get the most bang for my $.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing :)

nikkic1999 03-23-2013 10:11 AM

My ds is roughly the same size and we use browns. Greens are way too long.