Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Alva NB's? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502640)

clothdiapercrunchy 03-22-2013 09:56 PM

Alva NB's?

Not sure if they are any good for little babies? I have higher 7 lb ish babes.

TheCoach'sWife 03-23-2013 08:40 AM

Don't tell anyone here I have some Alva's... Lol

That being said I really liked my nb Alva'a. They fit a long time and are really trim. Only issue for me was the laundry tabs. But for the price you can't complain too much. I found some of the old sized BG and they fit about the same. I know this is completely irrational but I like to put them on her when I know she is about to poop. I know that all diapers are for poop... I just can't convince myself to put one of her prettys on her for the horrific morning poop.

We are at almost 4 months and they still fit with plenty of room.

TheCoach'sWife 03-23-2013 09:21 AM

Dp

clothdiapercrunchy 03-23-2013 10:19 AM

Re: Alva NB's?

I have Alva OS's for later. I wasn't sure how great the NB sizing was. Im not ashamed! LOL Their diapers are cheap and WORK! Lol :) Thanks for commenting.

lolson3 03-23-2013 05:05 PM

They didn't work for us. The crotch is so narrow you can only stuff it with a preemie prefold or two, and that wasn't cutting it for us absorbency-wise from about 4 days old on. I bet they would work great for babies who aren't heavy wetters like my lo.

clothdiapercrunchy 03-23-2013 05:37 PM

I was wondering about that. I hope we are happy with the Alva OS we have now. I put them on DD2 at night and they seem to work well, but she is bigger of course and they are the OS not the NB.

SAF0608 03-23-2013 06:42 PM

They didn't fit my daughter until almost 8 weeks. She was 8lbs 7oz at birth but she had skinny legs. They would gap at the legs bad. And I agree that stuffing them was hard! They are so narrow in the crotch. I dont think I would ever use them again. I did have the thx newborn aio and they fit great. But I didn't start using cloth a lot until she was a little older since we were given so many disposables. I did use the newborns I got a few times though to see how cute they were!

cinderella08 03-23-2013 09:12 PM

I haven't used them on an actual baby but I've seen pictures and heard they fit a WIDE variety of sizes! You can get in on co ops (TONS on facebook) that do custom prints, minky print, hip snaps, extra rise snaps for tiny babies, ect... I have 12 already for Aspen. Yes, they are hard to stuff (we use newborn 4 layer alva bamboo inserts) but ALL newborn pockets area because they are *tiny* - lol

rainbowgirl28 03-24-2013 09:54 AM

The snap newborns don't fit most newborns very well, they don't get small enough, but the velcro newborns are much more adjustable, and you can even fold down the front and velcro to the back, so they get really small.

As far as stuffing them, they keep tinkering with the design. I got some custom velcros in January and the crotch is wider and they are easy to stuff. Much easier than my XS FuzziBunz with that *^%%^ sticky PUL.

If you buy new velcros off their website, you'll probably get wider ones that are easier to stuff, but the snaps sound like they are still hit and miss on width. Anything used is probably going to be narrower and harder to stuff.