Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Superundies or Antsy Pants or other?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502688)

QHoneyB 03-23-2013 07:06 AM

Superundies or Antsy Pants or other??

My older daughter is almost six and still wets at night at least half the time. We've been using Tinkle Time Overnight trainers for almost two years now, but she is outgrowing them. They are a but too small and are difficult to get on now, so we need a new solution. We got them from Squeezie Cheeks, but they are currently closed. Plus I don't really like how the cotton velour gets kind of rough ver time (probably the fault of our water, so I'd prefer a different fabric). I am thinking either super undies bed wetter pants, or antsy ants. Any thoughts or reviews for either, especially for kids older than 5?

Pixi6s 03-23-2013 07:47 AM

Re: Squeezie Cheeks or Antsy Pants or other??

Antsy pants didn't work for us at night (3yo) well the actually worked fine many nights but if he was on his side they would leak right out. All diapers have side leaking issues, but I think that design is the worst for it.

We found Snap-EZ pocket trainers for nighttime. DS is in larges but they also make 2 youth sizes. Also maybe look at motherese beddwetters, look like bulky underwear and they make larger sizes.

QHoneyB 03-23-2013 11:41 AM

Re: Superundies or Antsy Pants or other??

Thanks, my daughter is definitely a side sleeper. I'm checking out the snap-ez ones now... How are they for pulling on and off?

essential1892 03-23-2013 12:27 PM

We tried Superundies for my 5.5 year old son but they didn't work for us- they would wick really bad and there really isn't much room to add extra absortion. We now use Tinkle Time overnight solutions (stuffed with 2 flats) and he hasn't has a leak since (he is in size 6). You could always see if Hope at Ladder Hill Designs will make a larger pair of TTT for you or if she has any in stock.

Pixi6s 03-23-2013 01:29 PM

Re: Squeezie Cheeks or Antsy Pants or other??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixi6s (Post 16426551)
Antsy pants didn't work for us at night (3yo) well the actually worked fine many nights but if he was on his side they would leak right out. All diapers have side leaking issues, but I think that design is the worst for it.

We found Snap-EZ pocket trainers for nighttime. DS is in larges but they also make 2 youth sizes. Also maybe look at motherese beddwetters, look like bulky underwear and they make larger sizes.

DS can pull them up and down on his own. Since they are pockets it might matter how to stuff them. we use a BG OS MF insert and a med joey bunz hemp. Then, to help with the side sleeper pees, I actually started using a grovia cotton doubler across the back so that the ends are at the side snaps. It's leaked a couple times when saturated but not much and never a large leak. they are a bit bulky though.

QHoneyB 03-23-2013 08:43 PM

I wish I could afford to try one of each and see what works best for my daughter... But international shipping is expensive and there isn't any tore that carries several of these brands :( nicki's diapers has super undies and motherease, but doesn't have the right motherease size in stock... Hm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by essential1892 (Post 16427271)
We tried Superundies for my 5.5 year old son but they didn't work for us- they would wick really bad and there really isn't much room to add extra absortion. We now use Tinkle Time overnight solutions (stuffed with 2 flats) and he hasn't has a leak since (he is in size 6). You could always see if Hope at Ladder Hill Designs will make a larger pair of TTT for you or if she has any in stock.

Was it the nighttime super undies you tried or their regular ones? I'll try writing to ladder Hill deigns... I really don't want the cotton velour, though, maybe she'll do a different inner fabric for me... I'd need to get size 6 since the size 5s are getting too small