Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's the meal that everyone likes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1502887)

PurpleFluff 03-23-2013 09:17 PM

What's the meal that everyone likes?

I think most families have at least one dinner standby that every single family member loves. What's yours?

Ours is white chicken lasagna. DD age 3 and DS age 14 months both eat a ton of it, and DH and I love it too. It's full of spinach too, so I can overlook all the cheese and call it more or less healthy :)

Hungry Caterpillar 03-23-2013 09:19 PM

Re: What's the meal that everyone likes?

Roasted whole chicken with roasted carrots and turnips, and baked potatoes
OR
Fish tacos

It's such a toss-up I re-typed this answer twice and decided to add both :giggle:

mabelinoad 03-23-2013 09:35 PM

White enchiladas. or grilled cheese :giggle:

rumblepurr 03-23-2013 09:45 PM

Taco's, lasagna and spaghetti in that order :).

Happy Mommax4 03-23-2013 09:46 PM

hmmm, I'd have to say either simple scrambled eggs w toast and jelly (we have hens so this is a weekly staple) or spaghetti w home made meatballs, my kids and I love it! thank goodness it's simple

qsefthuko 03-23-2013 09:48 PM

Spaghetti and lasagna. Except my youngest cannot have cottage cheese and my husband cannot have ricotta cheese so lasagna is now out unless I wish to make 2 different pans.

milosmama 03-23-2013 10:02 PM

Homemade Mac-n-cheese with roasted Romanesco. A favorite vegie for all of us and who doesn't like homemade mac-n-cheese. Yum!

TobinsTreasures 03-23-2013 10:06 PM

chicken pot pie- I use a rotisserie chicken shredded up to make it fast and add sweet potato cubes and spinach or kale to make it healthy. Yum!

Marianna1988 03-24-2013 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleFluff
I think most families have at least one dinner standby that every single family member loves. What's yours?

Ours is white chicken lasagna. DD age 3 and DS age 14 months both eat a ton of it, and DH and I love it too. It's full of spinach too, so I can overlook all the cheese and call it more or less healthy :)

Pizza casserole, or a dish we call Mima's Noodles (no idea if it has a real name).

Geckmumto3 03-24-2013 06:09 AM

We have a bunch. Tacos, roast chicken dinner, roast beef dinner, broccoli soup (well, any soup), lasagne, burritos. The dinner that brings cries of glee, though, is crepes. Crepes are our treat dinner (requested for birthdays and made for those dreary days we need a lift).