Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is it rude to ask when you didn't get feedback? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503108)

nannorie85 03-24-2013 05:46 PM

Is it rude to ask when you didn't get feedback?

I am new and could use all the ratings I can get. :-) However I don't want to be rude about it. I already pm'd the mama saying I loved the items and left her positive feedback, kinda hinting at it. I don't want to seem desperate. :giggle2: Is it normal to leave feedback after every transaction you do, or just the extra good/easy ones? Thanks.

nlowe 03-24-2013 05:49 PM

Sometimes I just get busy and forget...and am still new and clunky at finding my way around the site, so I think a little nudge would be perfectly fine (as long as it is nice)...

nannorie85 03-24-2013 05:49 PM

Re: Is it rude to ask when you didn't get feedback?

Not that it wasn't a good/easy transaction... I paid within a couple hours of getting her paypal info...

nannorie85 03-24-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlowe (Post 16431127)
Sometimes I just get busy and forget...and am still new and clunky at finding my way around the site, so I think a little nudge would be perfectly fine (as long as it is nice)...

Okay, thanks! I just don't want to be that pushy newbie who doesn't follow proper etiquette.

Julyhartono 05-31-2013 09:22 PM

I think it's perfectly ok. I got asked all the time when I was the at thebabywearer forums. I dont mind it at all.

Story&Addi'sMommy 05-31-2013 09:26 PM

I have been wondering the same thing too! Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

Palooka 05-31-2013 09:33 PM

Another vote for it's okay to ask. I usually rate the other person first and then if I don't get one back I send a PM thanking them for buying/selling/trading with me and saying I left them feedback and would love some too.

hilaryisinked 06-01-2013 07:14 AM

Yep it's ok.

pyang059 06-18-2013 02:05 PM

yeah I think it is fine to ask, and I have a question too! how many positive feedbacks do you need for certain priviledges? Do I need a certain amount of positive feedbacks to be able to do the trade thing? *sigh* newbie here... and all I wanted to do was trade with another mom :(

PamperedPoshMama 06-21-2013 10:21 PM

Generally, one reminder is always acceptable on b/s/t forums. I do like a pp and say something like, "Thanks for the easy transaction/love my items! Left your feedback, and I don't know if you noticed, but I'm fairly new here and would really appreciate fb in return. Thanks a bunch!"
I can't answer on the positive fb/privilege thing b/c it has been forever since I was on here. So long I had to just create a new account, lol.