Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   B&B labor formula (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504433)

sunnygirlmomof6 03-29-2013 12:57 PM

B&B labor formula

Has anyone had any experience with the B&B Labor Formula from Wish Garden? It is tincture be taken during labor to help get it going.

I have a history of NOT dilating on my own. I always end up with Pitocin, and dispite my best efforts, sometimes 14hours of pain, I end up with an epidural from shear pain and exhaustion.:banghead:

I would love to, for once, go into labor and actually dilate on my own. I think this tincture is maily supposed to make the contractions stronger, but if it could keep me from having pit this time that would be great.

I am just wondering who else out there has taken it, and if it helped at all.:thumbsup:

mommy2boys2007 03-29-2013 01:08 PM

Re: B&B labor formula

Have you tried EPO bth vaginally and orally?
I have not tried the B&B but I did take the natures sunshine 5W it helps with contractions.

sunnygirlmomof6 03-29-2013 01:17 PM

I am taking the 5W, drinking RRL tea and taking EPO orally and vaginally. I have a VERY posterior cervix that doesn't like to soften or dilate. It IS softeing this time though, so tha is good. I was at 1cm last week, which is nothing for a mom like me that has had so many. I go back in on Monday and I will be 38+5 then and hoping for a little dilation. I always get to 3cm, stay that way for a while, maybe a week, then when labor starts.....nothing. I might make it to 4 or 5, but always end up with pit. Still hoping for a different outcome this time.

mommy2boys2007 03-29-2013 03:00 PM

I will be praying for a better outcome. The 5W really made my labor more effective. I also know trilight health has some tinctures to take during labor but I have not tried those either.

sunnygirlmomof6 03-29-2013 03:02 PM

I took the 5W last time and the only difference was I did not hemmorhage like I usually do, which is good, but no change in my actual labor.

~Cricket~ 03-29-2013 03:04 PM

I can't comment on the formula, but I'll be watching with interest. I have a friend who has needed pitocin with every one of her babies too, and she would love to avoid it!

Out of curiousity, in other reading I've done, it's often been suggested that there's something holding the mother back if she doesn't dilate. She doesn't feel safe, she's afraid, she's worried/uptight/anxious, there's a person caring for her that she's not comfortable with, etc. Is it possible that that could have happened at least with some of your earlier deliveries, and left you with the feeling that you won't dilate, which could be stopping you from progressing?
Just trying to reconcile what I've read with what you're experiencing. Check out Ina May's book (Ina May's Guide to Childbirth) for her thoughts on that. I know that when I've been anxious about something, it has stopped my labour (baby #3) or kept me from really starting labour (baby #6). It wasn't until I worked through the head issues that I could really progress.
Anyways, like I said, I'll be watching with interest to see what others have to say about that formula.
All the best for a great natural birth this time around! :)

sunnygirlmomof6 03-29-2013 03:09 PM

I have read two of Ina May's books, twice, and am about to order the new one. I have delivered in 3 different hospitals in two different states. I have tried a homebirth.(not succesffuly) I now travel 1 1/2 hours to a different state to deliver in a hospital that I feel more comfortable with. I usually get stuck at 9cm. Was stuck there for 4 hours once. ugh. I just wish I could go without pit because pit is horrible! The contractions are so much worse. :/

sunnygirlmomof6 03-29-2013 03:10 PM

I plan to start it when I am at 3cm, as it says to, and see how it goes. I will keep this thread updated to let you know how it goes in case no one else has any input....

~Cricket~ 03-29-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 (Post 16448627)
I usually get stuck at 9cm. Was stuck there for 4 hours once. ugh. I just wish I could go without pit because pit is horrible! The contractions are so much worse. :/

That is really lousy! I hope this time goes much more smoothly for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 (Post 16448631)
I plan to start it when I am at 3cm, as it says to, and see how it goes. I will keep this thread updated to let you know how it goes in case no one else has any input....

Thanks! :)

AmeliasMum 03-29-2013 06:07 PM

I have been at 3-4cm for over a week now. Just got my "Start it Up" tincture in the mail today. Will start it at 39wks on Monday while power walking the Mall, LOL. I have been doing EPO internally since 36wks and orally since 34wks.