Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Hanna Training Unders vs Gerber (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504729)

edithsmama 03-30-2013 08:17 PM

Hanna Training Unders vs Gerber

I'm looking at getting training undies for my dd (9m), and am debating between these two brands. I have heard that Hanna Andersson training unders are higher in quality and absorbency, but what I am wondering about is the fit. How do the Hanna xs compare to the Gerber 18 month?

eedw9 03-30-2013 08:38 PM

Re: Hanna Training Unders vs Gerber

The HA XS are bigger than the 18 month Gerber ( much longer rise). If I remember correctly, I rolled over the toP of the HA and used them at the same time as the G 18 month. The HA are definitely more absorbant, however in my experience some have not held up all that well (holes at seams) which surprised me... Maybe I just got a couple of duds because it's not all of them. I'd start out with the Gerber and then get the HA if you need more absorbency.

edithsmama 03-31-2013 02:03 PM

Awesome, thanks so much! I'll go with the gerber 18 month then, as i want the smaller one.

edithsmama 03-31-2013 06:57 PM

Ok, another question. What is the best place to buy Gerber trainers? I have a pack of 2t that I picked up at Target to estimate size, but none of the local Targets or Walmarts have size 18months. I was going to buy them on Amazon, but I'm not totally sure if I'm buying a 100% cotton version or not. I want to avoid the 50/50 poly blend if possible. The descriptions aren't clear. Anyone know a good place to purchase these?

leadmare 03-31-2013 07:20 PM

I purchased the Gerber ones off Amazon, and the undies are cotton, but the absorbent part is a 100% poly batting. It is a sandwiched layer, so only cotton is exposed, but if you want only cotton, you'll have to get the Hannas.

edithsmama 03-31-2013 09:05 PM

You know, I think you're right. I took another look at the packaging for the 2Ts that I have now (from Target). I thought it was 100% cotton, but what is really says is "Center and Side panels: 100% COTTON. Interlining for Absorbency." I'm assuming now that the interlining is polyester. A bit misleading. They seem to be absorbent enough for now, though, so I think that's what I'll stick with.

Alaga 03-31-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edithsmama
Ok, another question. What is the best place to buy Gerber trainers? I have a pack of 2t that I picked up at Target to estimate size, but none of the local Targets or Walmarts have size 18months. I was going to buy them on Amazon, but I'm not totally sure if I'm buying a 100% cotton version or not. I want to avoid the 50/50 poly blend if possible. The descriptions aren't clear. Anyone know a good place to purchase these?

I've seen smaller sizes at Babies R Us. They had them in a special section near the breast pumps and Gerber "premium" prefolds. Also had good ol' plastic pants, lol. :)

edithsmama 04-02-2013 08:32 AM

Unfortunately, there is no Babies R Us nearby :( There is a Toys R Us, but my guess is they wouldn't carry tiny undies. It looks like my two options right now are Ebay and Amazon, and I'll probably go with whichever is cheaper. Unless someone else has a better idea.

klevmomma 04-02-2013 09:23 AM

Well, I don't have a better choice for Gerber. But if you want low cost, check these out: https://www.babymallonline.com/catal...oducts_id/2437

2T is the smallest they have, and I'm not 100% clear on if the absorbant part is cotton or a poly, but it's 3 pairs of undies for about $7.50 shipped if you use code "babyvision" for 20% off.

The 18 mo size are SO hard to find. Ugh. I wish it wasn't so hard to find little undies! I've been thinking about just trying to make some myself using t-shirts and the Katrina soaker pattern...

leadmare 04-02-2013 10:41 AM

I have six pair of the 18 month Gerber trainers in white that were used probably less than five times, if anyone is interested.