Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Charting advice? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504934)

momEmac 04-01-2013 08:06 AM

Charting advice?

Ok ladies, I'm completely new to charting, I just got a thermometer and I'm trying to temp every morning, but I'm having trouble remembering. I didn't get started temping this month until cd 8, last month I didn't o until cd 22 or 24, so I'm hoping I didn't start too late this month. I figure this month is mostly just going to be figuring it out, so I'm not too worried. So how did you get into the rhythm of temping? DS gets up really early and I'm really groggy, and I've had a cold so the last week has been rough trying to remember every morning and stay still long enough to get an accurate temp. I don't want to set an alarm because it would wake up dh and he is struggling to get enough sleep right now, so that's not an option. Also, what are your averages for temps pre and post O? I was expecting mine to be 96 something since my day time temps are usually pretty low, but the few days I've actually gotten a temp it's always been over 97? Any help or encouragement you can give would be awesome!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes. :)

pinktoes 04-01-2013 08:38 AM

You have an basal thermometer, right? A regular one doesn't work.
Keep it right on your nightstand. Maybe put up a big sign to help you remember too.

momEmac 04-01-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinktoes
You have an basal thermometer, right? A regular one doesn't work.
Keep it right on your nightstand. Maybe put up a big sign to help you remember too.

Yes, I have a bbt. It is on my nightstand, I just get out of bed before remembering to stick it in my mouth. My son cries for me from his room and I go running, lol.

s2grace 04-01-2013 09:22 AM

I have my phone set timidity so it doesn't bother my husband. I take my temp chart it and get ip or sometimes snooze for a bit. Do you have a smart phone?

momEmac 04-01-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s2grace
I have my phone set timidity so it doesn't bother my husband. I take my temp chart it and get ip or sometimes snooze for a bit. Do you have a smart phone?

Yeah, I have an iPhone.

nannorie85 04-01-2013 01:08 PM

Re: Charting advice?

My advice was going to be set an alarm too, but I know that might be difficult. Some people's temps aren't affected by moving around before temping as long as they are consistent with the time it's taken or vice versa. If you're still groggy after getting your son maybe that's a good sign it doesn't affect your reading! Unfortunately it's usually something you have to have a few charts under you belt to be able to tell for sure. I do know low 97's is pretty average for a pre-O temp though. My coverline is usually 97.5 or .6 and I have low day time temps too. It becomes second nature to reach for the therm half asleep every morning after the first month or so! Stick with it!