Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   So... the reason we are all here (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1505432)

Keropisunshine23 04-02-2013 07:27 PM

So... the reason we are all here

:giggle2:

Shall we discuss diapers? What are you planning to use?

As for me, I :wub: prefolds on newborns and smaller babies. I still have my prefolds from my previous babies and I have a good sized xsmall cover stash since we had saved those to use on the baby dolls, but I will need to buy some larger covers. I will most likely stick with Thirsties because I know I like them.

I also love fitteds, but sold all but four of my fitteds from previous babies. I only allowed myself to keep the four I would be devastated to be without if I had a surprise baby and I am super glad I allowed myself to keep them, so I again will be needing larger covers.

I bought 8 newborn THX AIOS in a recent coop for babysitters and dad to use while baby is smaller, but I have a huge stash of pockets for when baby outgrows those. I bought 12 sunbabies at the end of our cding my other two and my sister bought 24 sunbabies to use on her girls that she is giving to me. I gifted the 5 boyish ones I have to a friend, not because I opposed to using them on a girl but because I would seriously have 36 pockets! My sister's diapers all have the inserts, but I stuffed mine with prefolds, so I will have some options there on what to do. I actually loathe pockets :blush:, but they are super convenient for babysitters and dads.

So, I am not spending too much on diapers at this point in time, since I can reuse some of my fluff, I have bought all I need to buy before baby comes and only spent $50 on 8 AIOS and 2 Size One Thirsties covers. (I technically needed none of it, but come on, I had to buy some stuff so I could get excited! :giggle2:)

As baby grows, I will probably get a handfull of alvas just to have some fun new prints, and then a handful of covers.

I am most excited about getting to use my custom mei tei again. :yay:

lizgrace07 04-02-2013 10:25 PM

Re: So... the reason we are all here

I can't wait to use my little diapers! My last baby was my first cd newborn and I had mostly prefolds and KL0s. I just really didn't like them on a nb. (Luckily for me he grew really fast and was into our GMD yellow workhorses and BGEs quickly.) So after his nb phase DH saw I was frustrated with diaper changes and said I could start working on my ideal nb stash for next time. :wub: So I've been working on it pretty much ever since and that was 2 years ago!

I've got:
30ish simplex nb aios
25ish nb nana's bottoms aios (mostly birdseye inners and hemp soakers)
12ish tots bots tini fits
4 THX nb aios
Fitteds- I'm still working on these... I have a dozen or so dreameze, a few nana's bottoms, a few clovers, a handful of snicklefritz, and one star baby designs.
6 PUL covers (thirsties and RAR nb)
A handful of xs wool covers (need to recount) wcw, rainbow waters, and homemade

Looking forward to trying them out on a cute little baby soon!!

Phaedramekko 04-02-2013 11:08 PM

I recently bought more prefolds and I bought some NB size covers in a co-op. In the future I will sell some diapers to purchase pockets or AIOs for daycare. My friend said I can borrow some of her tiny gDiapers too. I was also given 6 fitteds which I did not kike with dd1 but I thought I would give them another try since rhey were a gift:). My dd has been using the potty but she is still weird when we go out in public so she wears a diaper when we are out of the house. I keep worrying that she will regress:/. So I like to think that is why my stash is so big, lol.

30 bamboo soakers
8 bamboo doublers
12 cotton prefolds
6 various Fitteds
5 NB covers
6 tiny gDiapers
6 small gDiapers
6 OS Rock-a-Bye Booty
4 OS fleece covers
14 Medium gDiapers
20 Green Line Covers

Keropisunshine23 04-03-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizgrace07 (Post 16461167)
I can't wait to use my little diapers! My last baby was my first cd newborn and I had mostly prefolds and KL0s. I just really didn't like them on a nb. (Luckily for me he grew really fast and was into our GMD yellow workhorses and BGEs quickly.) So after his nb phase DH saw I was frustrated with diaper changes and said I could start working on my ideal nb stash for next time. :wub: So I've been working on it pretty much ever since and that was 2 years ago!

I've got:
30ish simplex nb aios
4 THX nb aios
Fitteds- I'm still working on these... I have a dozen or so dreameze, a few nana's bottoms, a few clovers, a handful of snicklefritz, and one star baby designs.

I feel like I have so little compared to you and I have pretty little babes. :p That is a good sized stash! I have a lot of prefolds though, when I have everything here and count it out and take pictures, I bet I will feel like we are swimming in dipes!

lizgrace07 04-03-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 (Post 16462624)
I feel like I have so little compared to you and I have pretty little babes. :p That is a good sized stash! I have a lot of prefolds though, when I have everything here and count it out and take pictures, I bet I will feel like we are swimming in dipes!

It's funny because I started to worry it might not be enough. My concern is that either the simplex or the nana's bottoms won't fit right or won't work for some other reason (absobancy?) and then I won't be able to use half my stash and not have enough. That's probably mostly just nesting anxiety :giggle:. But I wanted to have enough of each type that if I hate one thing and love another I will have enough of what I love to just use that.

nettepoet 04-03-2013 03:05 PM

you mamas do have a ton of diapers! now im wondering if my minimalist stash will work out. i hope so--im planning on having a sip and see aka welcome baby party around 3 weeks after EDD and i registered for 24 BG 4.0s, so size 2 is covered.

here is the pic of size 1:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/...pscf2aeeac.jpg

kinda sorta left to right...
4 Thirsties Duo Diaper Size 1
1 Bummis super brite
2 Thirsties XS covers
6 GMD organic workhorse fitteds
12 GMD organic orange edge prefolds
14 Swaddlebees Simplex AIO
24 Grovia wipes
20 WAHM made wipes
1 really cute travel wetbag for 2-3 dipes with matching travel changing pad
6 homemade NB wool doublers (need to felt these)

not pictured is another cover i got just to be safe and some snappis

gingerpeachee 04-03-2013 07:59 PM

I have 24(ish) GMD orange edge prefolds
12 (?) small gmd flats
and probably 12 or more KLOs and a bunch of covers.
My plan is to purchase NOTHING!
lol

cheetah mommy 04-04-2013 01:51 PM

I havent even checked my stash. I have had a rough pregnancy and moved my girls to sposies p/t (right now they are sposies f/t - I just can't keep up w/the laundry). I will prob be back to p/t once the baby is here. I have nb g's but I don't remember how many. I had enough to do f/t w/dd though.

I love love looking at the stashes though. makes me want to go out and buy a bunch of dipes. I have pockets for when the baby is bigger and sleeps through the night as well.

Khaag55 04-17-2013 01:03 AM

Mine is super basic :)

GMD small flats and a mix of pul and wool covers

mmeneely 04-17-2013 07:15 PM

71 NB diapers! Wow you have a huge collection! Please share :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizgrace07 (Post 16461167)

I've got:
30ish simplex nb aios
4 THX nb aios