Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTC - Trying To Conceive (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506400)

tedcgh 04-06-2013 01:28 PM

:welcome:
This group is designed for those of us over 30 yrs of age. We have a different TTC journey than our younger counterparts & many of us encounter challenges along the way to our coveted BFP. We invite all to join us as we offer advice, support & encouragement to each other through these challenges, as well as celebrating those joyful BFPs.
:bliss:
While this thread is not necessarily labeled as a "struggling TTC" thread, we do ask that if you choose to join us that you remain mindful of the challenges that many of our members are experiencing when posting about BFPs. We are excited to celebrate everyone's BFP, though it can often be a sensitive issue for those for whom it has not been so easy. If anyone of our graduates want to update, we would love to hear from you as well. Before posting pregnancy updates, we do ask that you catch up and wait to post if any mamas are currently going through a loss. :goodvibes

Click here to see common acronyms used in this forum.

Question of the week:
What do you do for "me" time to refresh?

Anyone can answer the question! And if you have suggestions for the QOTW send me a PM. :)

In RED, tell me: Your handle (and your name and/or age if you would like). We also like to chart stalk, so if you want to share your chart, I will add it to the list.

:waiting: MEMBERS:waiting:
happyhome- 35 years old
mommyto3sweeties (Emily) 32 years old
ktktbird- 35 years old
BlueLily (Stephanie) - 34 years old
hisleading- 35 years old
achildofthe80s - 31 years old
amf78 (Amy) 34
homebirthmom age 37
sweetppolly (Polly) age 36
JasmineMama (Kristin) age 35
mkbdvm (Melissa) age 38
SVazquez (Sylvia)
Choffman age 30
angilles (Angela) age 38
clnapoli (Courtney) age 31
Farmer's Wife (Jill) age 33
hadyn'smommy (Jaime) age 36
NewbieSAHM (Amber) age 32
marykatmp- age 30
mhschool6 (Hannah) age 33
tedcgh (Tiffany) age 31
JCPACandMommy (Carissa) age 31
puppydog age 31
MyGloryLife (Minda) age 33
sweetgrace (Tawny) age 35
Augusthope (Rachel) age 31
Craftin'Diva (Jeri) age 31
sydjackmom (Laura)
Rachelrhin0 (30)
HeatherMac603 (Heather) age 30
fishingfor5 (Tori) age 41

:cheer: CHEERLEADERS :cheer:
kricket24 (Kristen) age 30
Kap7270 (Kristin) age 35
newmommy13 (Ingrid) age 31
Mirnavela (Monika) age 30
Layney82 age 30
Bee21 age 30
tandiwe76 age 35
pnutandmunchkin

Our Graduates!:thumbsup:
We love hearing from our graduates & hope you are having a HH9M!!!
Sylvie89 (Kaycie) age 37 EDD 5/1/13
adensmom (Latisa) age 36 EDD 5/27/13
Elsie Cayare (Lindsey) age 30 EDD 6/2/13
babygirls2 (Kim) age 31 EDD 6/4/13
txmommytobe age 34 EDD 6/6/13
helen/willownz age 33 EDD 6/11/13- Baby Boy Benjamin born 1/17/2013 @19 weeks
812ajack (Alicia) age 35 EDD 6/12/13
SpartyGaurd (Sarah) age 32 EDD 6/25/13
love4leon (Rebecca) age 37
mvp529 (Misty) age 35 EDD 8/3/13
leviandgarettsmom (Deanna) age 40 EDD 7/21/13
Maddalena (April) age 37 EDD 8/14/13
cormama (Corinne) age 35 EDD 10/2/13
ankc age 35
JuniperVT (Kathlin) age 32
flmama02
pumpkinseeds
katiecornflakes (Kate) age 31 EDD 11/19/13
beckstar (Becky) age 37 EDD 12/9/13
carriek38 (Carrie) age 34 EDD 12/4
TonyKariTony (Karina) age 33 12/19/13

SVazquez 04-06-2013 06:18 PM

Re: TTC 30+ April Showers hopefully brings May BFPs

Hmmm.. an ideal date night would be any kind of class, like cooking or blacksmithing. DH and I love to learn new things together. :headscratch:

This is our first month using OPKs. I got a pos on the 4th and 5th , day 23/24of a 38 day cycle. I think that means I actually O today. DH and I BD the 3rd, 4th,5th and probably will tonight as well. We would really like to have a boy so BDing on O day should help right?
I hope this month works out for us. Only drawback is then the baby would be due about Christmas. DH is terrified of having to handle all the holiday chores himself :laugh:

tedcgh 04-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVazquez
Hmmm.. an ideal date night would be any kind of class, like cooking or blacksmithing. DH and I love to learn new things together. :headscratch:

This is our first month using OPKs. I got a pos on the 4th and 5th , day 23/24of a 38 day cycle. I think that means I actually O today. DH and I BD the 3rd, 4th,5th and probably will tonight as well. We would really like to have a boy so BDing on O day should help right?
I hope this month works out for us. Only drawback is then the baby would be due about Christmas. DH is terrified of having to handle all the holiday chores himself :laugh:

I think my babycomp shows boy/girl on day of. Hopefully you will catch an egg this time around.

I would love for DH to surprise me with a spontaneous trip to Chicago. Enjoy some Deep Dish pizza, hang out spend the night at the Allegro and see a show. I mostly would look forward to sleep in a bed without kids.

SVazquez 04-06-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedcgh (Post 16472807)
I think my babycomp shows boy/girl on day of. Hopefully you will catch an egg this time around.

I would love for DH to surprise me with a spontaneous trip to Chicago. Enjoy some Deep Dish pizza, hang out spend the night at the Allegro and see a show. I mostly would look forward to sleep in a bed without kids.

I am fascinated by co-sleeping. I can't get even one of my kids to sleep in bed with me!

mkbdvm 04-06-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVazquez (Post 16472675)

Ideal date night; kids spending night with grandma/grandpa, a whole day to myself, followed by dinner at a fancy restaurant with overpriced prosecco and wine, highly caloric desert, then coming home to watch a movie and BD without worrying about waking someone! :mrgreen:

Ooh, good luck!! Christmas baby would be an amazing gift!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedcgh (Post 16472807)

Sounds just about perfect. Esp. the part about no kids in the bed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVazquez (Post 16472986)
I am fascinated by co-sleeping. I can't get even one of my kids to sleep in bed with me!

Lucky you! I loved sleeping with my girls, but was equally glad when they went to their own beds!

haydn'smommy 04-07-2013 06:48 AM

Dang it! I am sick and I am 98% certain it is flu. I have seen so many kids with it and one of my nurses just tested positive. I will survive but mySO will almost certainly get it and not be in any shape to bd when I O. Aren't men always such babies when sick? Mine is. I keep going and working. He acts like he is dying. Lol.

mkbdvm 04-07-2013 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haydn'smommy (Post 16473597)
Dang it! I am sick and I am 98% certain it is flu. I have seen so many kids with it and one of my nurses just tested positive. I will survive but mySO will almost certainly get it and not be in any shape to bd when I O. Aren't men always such babies when sick? Mine is. I keep going and working. He acts like he is dying. Lol.

Oh no! Sorry! Hang in there and maybe your SO wil escape the illness! Fingers crossed for that. Get better soon!

homebirthmom 04-07-2013 10:01 AM

you can add me to the list :) 37 here and trying for #6
im not trying this month or next altho we had a whoops a couple days ago so that guarantees i will be testing in a week ;)

sweetppolly 04-07-2013 11:54 AM

I want to join too. I am 36 and just got my first af after 20 months breastfeeding. He is still nursing but I was starting to wonder if I was going through early menopause or something. I have never gone this long. Anyway, dh and I always said we wanted eight children.

leviandgarettsmom 04-07-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVazquez (Post 16472675)

If you got your 1st positive on the 4th then O would/should happen by yesterday. O happens 12-48 hrs. from your 1st positive. BDing on the 5th would be great timing for a boy cause you could've O'd that day. FX for you! :crossfingers: