Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any one using NFP or FAM while night nursing?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1507707)

theonenonlymrssmith 04-11-2013 07:46 AM

Any one using NFP or FAM while night nursing??

I would love a mentor/buddy wile I sort this out! I'm reading TCOYF and have found I can't accurately use the temp method while night nursing. What about just charting mucous? Has anyone successfully done this while BF and night nursing? What method did you use? DS is 17 months old, and still nursing 3-4x a night"

please forgive all typos due to auto correct's lack of mind reading abilities. :-)

l_Kimmie_l 04-11-2013 09:20 AM

Re: Any one using NFP or FAM while night nursing??

I did after my second son. I temped even though I was night nursing. I vaginally temped and it was quite accurate. I also tracked CM. I got AF back 3 months after birth. That was annovulatory. The next 2 cycles were 28 days long with fertile CM in the middle of the cycle but no ovulation. The 3rd cycle I got fertile CM around CD12 - 15 and no ovulation. But on CD28 I got fertile CM again and cramping. I though AF was coming. I ovulated on CD 29 and got a BFP on 10 DPO. My baby was only 6 months old.

theonenonlymrssmith 04-11-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I did after my second son. I temped even though I was night nursing. I vaginally temped and it was quite accurate. I also tracked CM. I got AF back 3 months after birth. That was annovulatory. The next 2 cycles were 28 days long with fertile CM in the middle of the cycle but no ovulation. The 3rd cycle I got fertile CM around CD12 - 15 and no ovulation. But on CD28 I got fertile CM again and cramping. I though AF was coming. I ovulated on CD 29 and got a BFP on 10 DPO. My baby was only 6 months old.

So it didn't work?? Or you were trying? I'm confused!

l_Kimmie_l 04-11-2013 09:25 AM

We were NPNT. It would have failed if I was TTA due to the really wacky late first ovulation. By the time I get fertile CM it is too late to abstain. It worked well when I had regular ovulations, but I think breastfeeding made ovulation off. I would be very careful.

VeganCupcake 04-11-2013 09:34 AM

I tried for a couple of months before my cycles restarted after DD, but I found it frustrating. My Basic Infertile Pattern of cervical fluid was pretty close to fertile-looking and my temps were all over the place with all the nightwaking. I was TTA and decided to use another method because I wasn't ready for another baby at that point.

theonenonlymrssmith 04-11-2013 09:37 AM

Is the billings method the same ad the mucous tracing reviewed in TCOYF or will I need a second book??

l_Kimmie_l 04-11-2013 09:43 AM

I am not familiar with the Billings method personally. Heard of it, but never read up on it.

Blessed2005 04-11-2013 09:45 AM

Subbing, just had my third. Using the same book and method. I'm scared I am going to mess up. Haven't started temping yet, ds was born friday....lI was thinking of waiting a couple weeks since I won't be dtd anyway. Any info would be appreciated here as well.

leadmare 04-15-2013 01:26 PM

Curious what others have to say, too.

bronwynhb 04-21-2013 11:05 AM

We used FAM as in TCOYF to TTA pre-baby and then to TTC. I just had LO on Monday, so I'm not really into the TTA postpartum yet. However, I am part of an online community called the Christian Family Planning Network. It is really an invaluable resource & there are lots of ladies on there who have BTDT with TTA postpartum or are doing it right now. Also, if you want to temp, all you need is 3 hours of sleep to get an accurate temp. It is really different TTA postpartum though, so I would definitely suggest checking out CFPN for help and advice.