Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is this okay? (Mama weight loss help) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508513)

Miss squish 04-14-2013 07:16 AM

Is this okay? (Mama weight loss help)

I lost a huge chunk of weight during the first 3 months pp. I have struggled to lose anything since then.

About 3 months ago I got serious about my food intake, and two months ago serious about exercise. I eat 2000 calories a day and exercise (cardio, weights, some 60 minute group fitness classes) 60-90 minutes 4 times per week.

I have lost 4 pounds in 3 months. :thud: so frustrated.

Can I cut my food intake? Ds is 11 months. I am scared of not making enough milk and havent cut any more calories because I'm worried about effecting my supply. So close to my 1 year goal after so much struggle I want very badly to let ds wean when he's ready. But I really need to lose weight. I need to feel better about my body and this Is killing me over here. 10 lbs of baby weight left and I want to lose more before trying for baby 2.

I guess I just need somebody to tell me it's okay to think about me a little now. And that cutting back to 1600-1800 calories a day isn't going to starve my baby. Unless it will and please tell me that :blush:

l_Kimmie_l 04-14-2013 07:47 AM

Re: Is this okay? (Mama weight loss help)

I have been at only 1200 cal per day since Aug and soley BF my 12 month old. He does not even take solids really yet and I am making enough milk for him. I think you are very safe to cut down some calories.

saturn 04-14-2013 08:40 AM

If your baby is 11 months, I think it's totally fine to cut some calories. At this point, your supply is well established. As long as you don't cut your intake too drastically, you shouldn't have any problems. Congrats on the bf success and weight loss!

radmama12 04-14-2013 08:56 AM

It's probably ok. I plan to do that when my baby is around your baby's age, if I wasn't comfortable with the amount of milk I'm producing, I would just increase calories if needed.

Kätzchen 04-14-2013 09:15 AM

I eat 1200kcals a day and work out 4-5hrs 5-6hrs a week. I almost exclusively breastfeed my 21mo. It's very do able.

Miss squish 04-14-2013 09:32 AM

Just needed to hear it. Gonna go to a range of 1500-1800 and see what happens.

True I can eat more if it becomes a problem :thumbsup:

l_Kimmie_l 04-14-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss squish (Post 16495912)

Just needed to hear it. Gonna go to a range of 1500-1800 and see what happens.

True I can eat more if it becomes a problem :thumbsup:

I also drink a ton of water. It helps with both weightloss and making milk.

Carebearmom22 04-15-2013 10:20 AM

Try to get the calories from foods with lots of fiber...fruits, veggies, and fiber one cereal (I eat this cereal once a day...the honey nut clusters, and I seem to produce cream)! The high fiber will keep you full and provide nutrition for both of you.