Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Prefolds Question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508931)

Mackie3 04-15-2013 08:45 PM

Prefolds Question

So I ordered a dozen large Prefolds. ..I've never used prefolds so I was surprised at how huge they are. How old/weight were your babies when you could use large prefolds?

Baby2pls 04-15-2013 09:39 PM

Re: Prefolds Question

Did you prep them yet? They shrink pretty dramatically after about five wash/dry cycles. Not sure on the age/weight for the larges but you should be able to fold the rise down and snappi tight around the waist to make them fit.

Mackie3 04-15-2013 09:44 PM

No I havent prepped them. I was considering selling them since I thought they would be so huge on him. I didnt know they shrunk. Im not even sure how to use prefolds. I bought snappis but I'm not sure how to do the fold. I'll have to look up a tutorial lol

Gabe'sMommy 04-16-2013 12:13 AM

Prefolds aren't hard. My DH and I are first time parents and we use pf's and covers. It only took DH a couple diaper changes to get the hang of things. Amazing what he'll do to save some money! :) Which is why we cd.

Mackie3 04-16-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe'sMommy (Post 16501102)
Prefolds aren't hard. My DH and I are first time parents and we use pf's and covers. It only took DH a couple diaper changes to get the hang of things. Amazing what he'll do to save some money! :) Which is why we cd.

I originally began a cd stash to save money. ..but then it became an obsession and I have enough to diaper two or three :/ So I justify it by saying since I have such a large rotation, the diapers will stay in excellent condition, thus sale better when the time comes...
Prefolds intimidate me...I haven't attempted them yet, hence not having them prepped, but I'm clueless how to fold them..

Emiliesmom 04-16-2013 12:33 AM

Best thing to do is go onto youtube and search prefold folds. You will find tons of tutorials and they take you through them step by step.

nonipie 04-16-2013 07:59 AM

Yes they will shrink once you wash them. Fit depends all on the child. My oldest was not in larges until about a year old but my daughter never wore them. She PLed out of GMD reds. Now my youngest is a chunky monkey and he went to large at around 4-5 months. If they are too long then just fold down the rise to get a good trim fit. They are seriously easy. My DH can snappi a prefold in the dark and we just searched youtube. I use pins primarily though.

ohsewcrafty 04-17-2013 08:24 PM

Don't be intimidated! We used pockets on our son and hated the microfiber and all the unstuffing/stuffing. For our daughter (she's 3 weeks now) we went the prefold route and LOVE them!

Mackie3 04-17-2013 08:59 PM

Thanks ladies...I watched some YouTube videos. I think I'm going to get some flats to try out too! :)

Gabe'sMommy 04-21-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emiliesmom
Best thing to do is go onto youtube and search prefold folds. You will find tons of tutorials and they take you through them step by step.

This exactly. Gotta love YouTube.