Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need some encouragement (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509248)

crowbabies 04-17-2013 07:02 AM

I need some encouragement

LO is almost 6 months old and pumping 2x at work is just getting old. Please give me some encouragement!

Van1300 04-17-2013 07:16 AM

I am pumping right now for my 5 month old! It does get old but it is also a huge accomplishment!!! I think about how much my milk makes my guy happy and how much love I am putting into taking care of him in this special way. You can do it mama, there are so many working mom's doing the same thing!!!

myclanof6 04-17-2013 07:26 AM

You are doing an awesome job providing your baby with exactly what he needs. :hugs:
There is a pumping support forum that has tons of mamas that pump on a daily basis if you need more encouragement. :goodvibes:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing :)

keonli 04-17-2013 07:43 AM

Re: I need some encouragement

I know the feeling and I'm only 4 months in. What do you do to keep yourself busy while you pump? I watch TV and just take that time to unwind a bit. I'm so glad that I can pump a lot faster now, usually just 10 mins with 2 let downs instead of 20-25 mins like before.

jandymordan 04-17-2013 07:52 AM

I have to pump 2x at work too, and man I hate it! I think it is my least favorite "mama duty". I feel like a cow at the fair being hooked up in the milking parlor for all to see. But for me there is no other option, as I want my children to breastfeed as long as they want to. I survived 2 full years of pumping at work with my first son and then he weened himself. I am now almost 4 months in with my second little guy. Just keep reminding yourself, every drop of liquid gold you pump will bring a beautiful smile and happy belly to your little one.

crowbabies 04-17-2013 08:40 AM

Thanks mamas:) Yesterday was a rough day as the small cluttered storage closet I pump felt like it was closing in on me:)

keonli 04-17-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowbabies (Post 16504665)
Thanks mamas:) Yesterday was a rough day as the small cluttered storage closet I pump felt like it was closing in on me:)

You can do it! Just look at your baby's cute little face (super adorable in your avi) and keep telling yourself you can feel like a big, fat, milking cow for a few more mins. :)

Sdayfamily 04-17-2013 03:06 PM

BFing is so good for him! I worked FT with my DD and I felt my life was consumed with pumping lol. Wish you had a better place to pump, my previous employer had a secure room with chairs, sink, fridge etc.

Connor 04-17-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowbabies (Post 16504665)

Is there anyway you (or your employer) can either clean and spruce the space up a bit or find you another location to pump? I would try to speak with them about it. Explain that by being able to breastfeed you will be out less days with a sick child, etc so it's a benefit to them as well.

mama2tommy 04-18-2013 10:43 AM

I pumped for DS2 3x/day at work for > 2 years. I actually really enjoyed the time away from my desk, away from my phone and email. It was a great break for me. I would read a book on my kindle, or catch up on FB on my phone, or whatever sounded most fun at the time.

But, it sounds like your location is less than ideal. Are you with a larger employer? If so, they are REQUIRED to provide you an appropriate place to pump.