Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   American Girl - Felicity PM doll + clothes/accessories (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509787)

Rainfall 04-18-2013 06:39 PM

American Girl - Felicity PM doll + clothes/accessories

This is cross-posted on an AG board I'm on. Please PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to describe her more, send more pictures, etc.

All pictures can be found here: http://s289.photobucket.com/user/Rai...?sort=3&page=1 (I tried to get them in the post and photobucket has changed on me and I can't figure it out. Crying baby in the background, I give up. :banghead: )

I have acquired 3 Felicity dolls in my venture to collect for her, and need to pare it down to just one somehow. :) The lady I bought this particular one from was overly rude to me, and I'm harboring ill feelings towards this particular Felicity because of it. She has to go to a home that will give her some love.

I would prefer to sell my Felicity things as a lot to make life easy, but I might be willing to split if there isn't any interest in the lot. Asking $105 + ship for Felicity, both meet dresses, a total of 3 shifts (one velcro style, two older elastic style), and a night cap.

She's a Pre-Mattel (PM) Felicity with her original gorgeous soft brown lashes and copper colored hair. Her body is tan. She has a zip tie on the neck. Neck is stamped Pleasant Company. Artist mark on the neck as well. Arms are nice, but legs are a little loose. She does stand nicely though. Her cloth body is nice and clean. Her vinyl could use a good clean up though. There are a few little scuffs or marks, but nothing I would consider major.

I'm the second owner. Smoke free homes. I have cats, but they don't bother with the dolls. :) I got this Felicity from a HS student on CL, who said she got her as a child. When I got her, her hair was a hot mess. So over the past 2 days, I have put her through a hair makeover and it's SOO much better now! I also located and re-curled her pincurls, but they could use some more attention.

Also for sale is Elizabeth's pinner cap and meet necklace. Asking $12/each (free ship) if bought separate, or I'll do $20 for both (free ship).

Samantha outfit with boots $15 + ship
-- It was identified on the AG board for me as it came in an Ebay lot, so I'm taking their words for it! :) The tights are black and ribbed. The boots are not original to the outfit, but came together when I bought. They are black and adorable with this outfit.

SOLD -- Tank/skirt outfit $15 + ship -- I don't actually know which outfit it is, but the shoes are super cute!

Willing to combine shipping for multiple items! Thanks for looking! :)

Also willing to do trades!
Looking to add Kaya to the family soon, so any of her outfits would be great. Her animals, doll/cradleboard, foods, etc. I am also ISO one or two outfits for Elizabeth. And always ISO Kanani's outfits (Aloha, Beach outfit, and Luau outfit specifically). As well as her monk seal.

Mommieof2 04-18-2013 09:42 PM

Re: American Girl - Felicity PM doll + clothes/accessories

Love felicity, very tempting!!

Rainfall 04-18-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommieof2 (Post 16510928)
Love felicity, very tempting!!

She could be in the mail tomorrow! :mrgreen:

acwakip 04-18-2013 10:06 PM

Dd is a felicity fanatic and would die for a pm felicity. I will talk to her tomorrow. :)

Sent from my not-so-smart-phone

Rainfall 04-19-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acwakip (Post 16510990)
Dd is a felicity fanatic and would die for a pm felicity. I will talk to her tomorrow. :)

Sounds good!

acwakip 04-19-2013 10:55 AM

Sh wasn't nearly as excited as I thought she would be so I will pass right now. She has 5 AG dolls and I think she is realizing that she needs to slow down. :)

Rainfall 04-19-2013 02:55 PM

Haha, no problem! I thought for sure DD would want to keep one of the Felicity dolls for herself but she has zero interest in her! I have 3 of them and was really hoping I could sell one and then we'd each have one, but nope! She insists that all she wants is Kanani and her Walmart 18" from her grandma, and that's it. I'm ok with that, haha. She's just 5 and way more into her Bitty Baby still, so I'm riding that train for as long as I can get away with it. Outfits and accessories for Bitty are cheaper than the 18" dolls. LOL!

smayhew 04-19-2013 03:19 PM

Out of curiosity how did you fix the hair?

Rainfall 04-19-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smayhew (Post 16513302)
Out of curiosity how did you fix the hair?

Ha, well. She got the full workup. :) When I got her, her hair was very dry and sort of sticky feeling. It felt like she had maybe had mousse put in her hair at some point. ?? I was able to brush through it, but it sort of moved all together. Hard to explain.

So first, I gave her hair a good wash with Johnson's baby shampoo (no additives/chemicals/etc). That alone made a HUGE difference. It took all of the sticky feeling away. It was still dry though, so next I soaked her hair in Downy (scent free) for 13 hours overnight. That pretty much took care of most of the dryness, but I still thought I could get it better. So next she got a water dunk (boiled water, then turned it off and waited a couple of minutes and dunked her hair in the water). While it was still damp, I took small sections and flat-ironed her entire head. I then did the water dunk/flat iron routine a second time on the ends because they were the worst with the dryness.

Hope that helps! I got all of my hair restoration tips/tricks from the AG board I'm on. They have a whole section on hair care and fixes. :)

smayhew 04-20-2013 05:43 AM

Wow thanks!