Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Need a Dr. Mom Consult (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509832)

sillymama 04-18-2013 10:03 PM

Need a Dr. Mom Consult

1 Attachment(s)
Two weeks ago a small circle appeared on my daughters hand. It was smaller than a dime, reddish, with a raised white center. It looked like a blister or bug/spider bite. Within a few days it appeared to be drying out and the skin began to flake off. Well now it's been two weeks and it doesn't seem to be going away. The circle is getting bigger, the skin is still flaking, and there seem to be infection along the outside edge.

What do you think it is and what do you think I should do? Is it time for a trip to the doctor?

babyike2011 04-18-2013 10:10 PM

First thing that comes to mind is a tick bite, but could be a reaction to a spider. Might wanna get it checked out, they give antibiotics until the Lyme test comes back if they think its from a tick.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mibarra 04-18-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babyike2011 (Post 16510848)
First thing that comes to mind is a tick bite, but could be a reaction to a spider. Might wanna get it checked out, they give antibiotics until the Lyme test comes back if they think its from a tick.

Yup, to the doctor. Don't like the look of that potential infection.

twinmomstl 04-18-2013 10:39 PM

I would be surprised if it wasn't an infection.

7 for now 04-18-2013 11:39 PM

I would definitely have a doctor look at that.

sunlightmlp 04-19-2013 04:18 PM

Re: Need a Dr. Mom Consult

It might also be ringworm...that's the first thing that came to my mind looking at the picture. In any event, I'd definitely get it checked out by a doctor.

mommabritt 04-19-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunlightmlp
It might also be ringworm...that's the first thing that came to my mind looking at the picture. In any event, I'd definitely get it checked out by a doctor.

This.

tallanvor 04-19-2013 06:16 PM

Re: Need a Dr. Mom Consult

First thing I thought of was ringworm, as well, but I've not seen it at that stage, so I am not sure. I would check with a doctor, and in the meantime put tea tree oil on it several times a day if you have any. If it's infected, the TTO will help kill the infection, and if it's ringworm, the TTO will help kill that, too.

MamaZnR 04-19-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallanvor
First thing I thought of was ringworm, as well, but I've not seen it at that stage, so I am not sure. I would check with a doctor, and in the meantime put tea tree oil on it several times a day if you have any. If it's infected, the TTO will help kill the infection, and if it's ringworm, the TTO will help kill that, too.

This