Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Whaddya think? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510308)

Nicolenutt 04-20-2013 06:42 PM

Whaddya think?

My sister is due with my first (on my side) nephew in August. She's dead set on cd'ing :happydance: and so I want to make her a diaper cake. She's got some random stuff already, including some flip covers and some pockets. I'm loaning her my nb and small prefolds as well as my size 1 Applecheeks for the newbie stage.

I ordered her
1 dozen bg 4.0
1 dozen gmd meds
1 dozen gmd larges
1 dozen gmd flats to stuff the bg's
2 dozen tickety bu wipes
a cuddle bu in her seuss cw
A pair of nb pitterpats (Seuss)

What should I add? Should I call it good? Her nursery/shower theme is Dr. Seuss.

So, whaddya think?

UVASahm 04-20-2013 06:48 PM

Re: Whaddya think?

That is so nice! You could get some bumkins covers. I think they have a lot of dr. Seuss prints.

Nicolenutt 04-20-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UVASahm
That is so nice! You could get some bumkins covers. I think they have a lot of dr. Seuss prints.

Yes! Someone already picked a couple of those up for her :)
And thanks :blush:

blondeviolin 04-20-2013 08:44 PM

Could you be my sister too? :hugegrin:

Nicolenutt 04-21-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin

:giggle: I know it seems a little excessive, but my kids are the only ones on my side and their auntie has been spoiling them rotten for over 5 years now. I want to do something generous for her right now, bc with 3 of my own, I won't be able to spoil him as much as I want lol.

Almacham 04-21-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondeviolin (Post 16517123)

Yeah, I need a sister, too. :hugegrin:

I think what you got her is great, as long as she's good with just prefolds in the NB stage. :) I hope she enjoys her cd'ing adventure.

Nicolenutt 04-21-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almacham

Yeah, I need a sister, too. :hugegrin:

I think what you got her is great, as long as she's good with just prefolds in the NB stage. :) I hope she enjoys her cd'ing adventure.

:giggle2:

She has a few fitteds, I've made her a couple pair of longies and I plan on sewing her some fleece pants. Plus she's going to borrow my size 1 Applecheeks, which, IMO are the perfect nb diaper lol.

DallasK 04-21-2013 11:43 AM

I saw this really cute diaper caddy in dr seuss print on amazon. We have a girly version and it is awesome for changing in other rooms. I load it up in the morning with a few diapers, wipes, powder, cream, and I have it in the family room. It is nice to not have to go all the way to her room for daytime changes.

DiaperDiva 04-21-2013 12:43 PM

What a generous gift!!! She's very lucky :)