Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nose Bleeds (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510355)

Ruthk33 04-20-2013 10:16 PM

Nose Bleeds

Does anyone else have nose bleeds while being pregnant? This was never an issue for me prior to pregnancy and I still don't get them frequently but it just always catches me off guard to wipe my nose and see blood.

Mommyto2B2G 04-20-2013 10:26 PM

Re: Nose Bleeds

Yes. I blow my nose when I wake up and all I can say is ew. Not that I'm looking or anything but you can tell when your holding a bloody tissue. =-/ Just another joy of pregnancy I suppose!

MiniLambMom 04-20-2013 10:45 PM

I have had allergies my whole life so nosebleeds are pretty common. When I was pregnant, I got them daily. Any time I even remotely blew my nose there was blood.

Ruthk33 04-20-2013 10:53 PM

I don't know if this is TMI but I've had a lot of phlegm too. It's disgusting and annoying. I thought before it was because I had a cold (I've had 2 in the almost 16 weeks I've been pregnant) but even after I've recovered I still have that lingering yucky stuff there. It's mostly at night or in the morning when I need to clear my throat. It makes me gag. It may be a pain but I know it's all worth it. A small price to pay.

Zipfelmuetze 04-21-2013 12:28 AM

You sound like you are pregnant! = ) I blow and clean my nose a lot throughout the day, 90% of the time there will be bloody boogers. It's been that way throughout my entire pregnancy. I'm 35 weeks now.

eahcapemay 04-21-2013 01:38 AM

I've always gotten an annual nose bleed. It's just worst when pregnant. This time I around I got a sinus infection and by the end of it I was having daily nose bleeds lasting over an hour.

Ruthk33 04-21-2013 07:54 AM

I'm sorry that you all are having to deal with this issue too but it us comforting knowing I'm not a lone.

33andunder 04-22-2013 08:49 PM

I had awful nosebleeds in both pregnancies. About 25-30 weeks. The last pregnancy, the nosebleed was so bad that I couldn't work.

3 ladybugs 04-23-2013 06:12 AM

I am on low dose aspirin so I am having nose bleeds ALL THE TIME. Daily isn't even the word for it. Normally several times a day. Stinks but I am sort of getting used to it now. :(

Mom2Connor 04-23-2013 07:00 AM

I got them occasionally with DS1, never with DS2 and I was on the low dose aspirin with DS2 so I don't think that would be causing it PP.

I do get very bad pregnancy rhinitis to the point that I am TOtALLY 100% blocked. I ended up on rhinocort for it this time because it was so bad so early on.