Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Am I really that much stricter than other Moms? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1510377)

Joyful Tie Dyes 04-21-2013 06:32 AM

Am I really that much stricter than other Moms?

I sure seem to be around here based on the reactions I get to our basic rules at play dates.

No running in the house
No jumping on furniture
No throwing things in the house
Meals are eaten sitting at the table

madebymommy 04-21-2013 06:36 AM

Good lord, no!! Those are my rules plus about 15 additional, I'm the "hard ***" of all my friends!

slimy72 04-21-2013 06:36 AM

Re: Am I really that much stricter than other Moms?

Those are our rules too. Doesn't seem strict to me at all. Those are our all the time rules, not just for playdates.

s@hmommy 04-21-2013 06:36 AM

Other than the no running in the house, we have the same rules.

sillymama 04-21-2013 06:36 AM

I'm down with all of those except the no running. I would prefer no running but my kids are bad about running in the house. We eat meals at the table and we eat crust on bread too.

Bhavana 04-21-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes (Post 16517654)
I sure seem to be around here based on the reactions I get to our basic rules at play dates.

No running in the house

Unless it is a small house/lots of furniture/downstairs neighbors...why no running in the house?

Joyful Tie Dyes 04-21-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimy72 (Post 16517660)
Those are our rules too. Doesn't seem strict to me at all. Those are our all the time rules, not just for playdates.

Oh they are all the time too I just noticed with playdates that no one else seems to have these rules and seems surprised that I do. :)

Joyful Tie Dyes 04-21-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhavana (Post 16517669)
Unless it is a small house/lots of furniture/downstairs neighbors...why no running in the house?

This is mostly DH's rule due to the 2 inch scar he has from running in the house LOL

Our house is not arranged for safe running and DS1 like to look behind him while running lol. We DO have a big, flat back yard just right for running though! :)

aries416 04-21-2013 06:56 AM

We don't have those rules, mostly because my kids have some sensory issues that makes them want to move all.the.time. They watch tv and jump up and down. They run laps a lot in the family room. We don't allow jumping off furniture. Running is fine, but our house is very open. Meals are eaten at the table, but snacks are usually picnic style. I absolutely do NOT let them jump or eat anywhere except the table at other peoples' houses, though. They do understand that some things are okay at our house, but not other houses.

sisu 04-21-2013 07:03 AM

Seems like common sense to me, unless you want food all over the house, broken furniture, broken windows and dented heads. :dunno:

Although - I do let both my kids jump on my bed for 10 minutes after bath time every night, so I must not be totally mean. ;)