Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Red raseberry leaf tea (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511015)

crunchyNurseMommy 04-23-2013 09:37 AM

Red raseberry leaf tea

Explain how this works to me please? I got some loose leaf & brewed a big jar in the sun yesterday. Drank about 18 ounces in the evening with dinner & last night around 11pm woke up with lower abdomen cramping. Did I dink too much? Can it put you in labor?! The cramping went away with Tylenol but I am afraid to drink more!

MyM&W 04-23-2013 04:17 PM

Its not supposed to cause contractions. At least that's what I've heard. It does for me though 50% of the time. Sometimes I drink it and have no issues. Its supposed to just help the uterus when the time does come to be more efficient. :)

EmilytheStrange 04-23-2013 04:21 PM

It doesn't start labor and is safe throughout pregnancy.

But.... It does tone your uterus so a lot of women notice an increase in contractions. Usually they're just BH.

18 oz in the first day sounds like enough to throw your contractions up a notch. I started with just 8oz a day for a few weeks.

Also, loose tea is more potent. So it's like you drank even more.

crunchyNurseMommy 04-23-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
It doesn't start labor and is safe throughout pregnancy.

But.... It does tone your uterus so a lot of women notice an increase in contractions. Usually they're just BH.

18 oz in the first day sounds like enough to throw your contractions up a notch. I started with just 8oz a day for a few weeks.

Also, loose tea is more potent. So it's like you drank even more.

That is me :) start with a bang (what a dork!) thank you. I'll slow it down a little. I mixed it with crystal light & it was so much better than plain water that I chugged it!

leyash 04-23-2013 05:42 PM

Re: Red raseberry leaf tea

i put frozen strawberries, or pineapple in with mine. :) makes it taste yummy.

and yes, i notice an increase in frequency as well as intensity when i drink it. i drink about 2-3 glasses a day. i'll be 38w tomorrow.

from everything i've read/seen, it doesn't send you into labor. it just preps your uterus FOR labor, to be more productive when the time comes. think of it as a drink to help build your uterus (muscle).

crunchymamaNY 04-23-2013 07:36 PM

Yeah, it doesn't cause contractions, the point of red raspberry leaf tea is to strengthen the uterus. During labor, it makes contractions more productive :)

babygirls2 04-23-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 16524685)
Explain how this works to me please? I got some loose leaf & brewed a big jar in the sun yesterday. Drank about 18 ounces in the evening with dinner & last night around 11pm woke up with lower abdomen cramping. Did I dink too much? Can it put you in labor?! The cramping went away with Tylenol but I am afraid to drink more!

This is a great link that explains it pretty well. :)

http://journeytocrunchville.wordpres...t-woman-needs/

crunchyNurseMommy 04-26-2013 09:57 PM

Ok I am drinking some now & haven't even finished the cup & already cramping!!! Hope this really is working!

leyash 04-27-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy (Post 16538247)
Ok I am drinking some now & haven't even finished the cup & already cramping!!! Hope this really is working!

i was not dilated at 34+6 when i was checked. started RRL tea at 36-37 weeks sometime (i think? lol) and was dilated to a fingertip at 37+6. lol. may not have been the tea, but meh... who knows!

becca71178 04-30-2013 01:52 PM

I didn't know it could make your BH contractions more frequent, I'm glad you posted this!

I usually drink 8 oz a day, my midwife recommends it for all the reasons your PP said.