Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hospital bag (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511361)

alyxmegan 04-24-2013 09:31 AM

Hospital bag

What do you pack?
For Ivan:
5 onesies
3 sleepers with scratch mittens
3 tank tops
Socks
5 prefolds
Snappi
3 covers
3 flats
And once my THX aio come in I'll pack 5 of those
2 hats
Receiving blanket
Cloth wipes/solution
Coconut oil

For me:
My baby k'tan
Some comfy pants
Tank tops
Nursing bras
My slipper socks
Tooth brush/ tooth paste
Coconut oil
My nook
My hypnobabies bag
Healthy snacks
Some comfy panties
Nursing pads
And witch hazel cloths for healing

Am I missing anything???

Mrs.Adams 04-24-2013 08:01 PM

Re: Hospital bag

SOmething for your lips... You'll need it...

Zipfelmuetze 04-24-2013 09:04 PM

I think I'm going to bring more diapers. I have no idea how much newborns go right after delivery, but in the event that I need an emergency C-Section (I'd stay 6 days), it seems like you'd want your entire diaper stash. I would have to send DH home to do laundry. Anyone have experience with this?

Pixi6s 04-25-2013 07:20 AM

in my experience newborns go through less diapers. Colostrum doesn't make much pee.

If you end up staying 6 days I would think they would be time for your husband to go home and get more... :)

It looks like a lot more than I would pack but I will only be there about 12 to 24 hrs at the most. Honestly I didn't even take a shower after my son was born I just wanted out (I was there ~noon to noon). I would pack more snacks and personally chocolate. It took them FOREVER to bring me food after my son was born. Since we were transferred from the birth center to the hospital we didn't have anything with us, not even a camera (DH took phone pics). So for #2 I will also back a small bag that has essentials that will be glued to DH in case we are transferred again.

alyxmegan 04-25-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Adams
SOmething for your lips... You'll need it...

I use the coconut oil for my lips :)

Mom2Connor 04-25-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipfelmuetze
I think I'm going to bring more diapers. I have no idea how much newborns go right after delivery, but in the event that I need an emergency C-Section (I'd stay 6 days), it seems like you'd want your entire diaper stash. I would have to send DH home to do laundry. Anyone have experience with this?

I have had two emergency c/s and both were only 4 days. Both were afternoon of day one and released lunch to dinnertime day 4. A fri - mon stay and then a sun - wed stay. Why do you think you would need to stay for 6 days?

mrspopo 04-25-2013 12:21 PM

For DD we were barely in there 24 hours and most of the stuff I packed I never needed. It was also so full that I didn't bother digging around much in there. I don't want anything more than I'll need.

So this time it's a change of clothes, toothbrush, camera & charger, cell phone, a baby outfit, a dozen dipes (although I'm tempted to bring more), and a couple of other odds and ends.

I wanted to bring a pillow with me since I have distinct memories of the awful smelling linens during labor... maybe just a pillowcase. I also went through a lot of gum because my mouth tasted awful. Lip balm was necessary. A pen and the baby book is coming... we had so much fun filling that out in the hospital with DD. I think that's it.

DD had 6 poopy diapers the first day plus some wet ones, and even more the next day. I'm thinking of bringing at least a dozen AIOs and some more prefolds as a backup.

simplyleah87 04-25-2013 01:12 PM

Where do you find witch hazel pads? Do they help?

BESMama 04-25-2013 01:13 PM

Hairbrush/hair ties?

Pixi6s 04-25-2013 01:20 PM

The hospital bag thing kinda erks me. The midwives suggested to bring all these things and then when we came in with a small suitcase full of stuff I felt like they laughed at us. But I only brought what they suggested -- which included a fair amt of food. They had a full kitchen for us to cook in case of long labor (stuff like peanut butter and jelly, pasta, juice, snacks) course we didn't eat any of it. Though had we birthed in the birth center we would have eaten some of it afterwards.