Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   International (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   UK Mamas? Portsmouth (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511469)

bobbyjk 04-24-2013 01:58 PM

UK Mamas? Portsmouth

I know we have several UK mamas on this board. Anybody familiar with the Portsmouth area? We may be relocating there for a couple of years. We previously lived in Bath for a few years, and are excited about another chance to live abroad. I don't know anything about the Portsmouth area, so any advice/tips would be great. Thanks!

B&BsMom 04-24-2013 03:31 PM

Re: UK Mamas? Portsmouth

I've never been to Portsmouth but heard great things from friends who have visited. You are very lucky to have lived in Bath!! I love it there. We live about 4 hours away (down in Suffolk near Bury St. Edmunds) so don't get the chance to visit often.

bobbyjk 04-25-2013 01:42 PM

Thanks! yeah, we're excited. Different this time around as last time we were a young married child-less couple :) Now we've got our DD and one on the way! Always an adventure....maybe we can meet up sometime/somewhere :)

Fairycat 04-29-2013 07:54 AM

I don't know very much about Portsmouth, but I am over in Bristol, and we are so happy to get the chance to live in the UK. Schools are very interesting here, and the free preschool is fantastic. I think even with kids you will love living in the UK.

aradia4 06-20-2013 07:01 AM

Hi Mama,

We are heading that way too, very soon, we are up in the very far north of scotland atm but heading for portsmouth/gosport area in the next 8 weeks.
I have lived down south before - about 25 miles out of portsmouth, some good shopping, can be busy as with many places but not the worst I have seen in the UK lol.
Ofsted shows a lot for school recommendations, but from what I have seen so far most are pretty good with only one or two singled out as the not so great ones. There are some soft play places, and fairly good amount of things to do with little ones, even bigger ones lol - I have 4 girls from 15 -2 and am expecting number 5 - so I still have to check out the hospital!

bobbyjk 06-26-2013 04:08 PM

We will have to meet up sometime! I am expecting #2 :) I have heard great things about Queen Alexandra and also St. Richard's Hospital (in Chichester). Feel free to PM me anytime!

aradia4 07-19-2013 03:02 AM

:) Sorry for slow reply - moving madness lol, Well hopefully we will be headed that way at the end of the month - there has been slight changes - we will now be in portsmouth rather than gosport. I am still slacking on organising hospital etc - until I know what dates etc I have located nearest doctors and schools but thats it so far!

bobbyjk 08-07-2013 12:53 PM

We are in the midst of moving and heading over the pond this weekend! We'll be in right near you, so let me know once you settle in and we can meet up! :)

B&BsMom 09-13-2013 09:16 AM

I hope you are enjoying the UK! Lucky you got a little but of the great summer weather we had this year. Very unusual, but VERY welcome!