Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Acne treatment- HELP!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512133)

yogamama28 04-26-2013 01:24 PM

Acne treatment- HELP!!!

I am breaking out so bad. I cannot stand how broken out I am right now. I usually use tons of Benzoyl Peroxide but don't want to anymore now that I'm pregnant. Does anyone have any suggestions for pregnancy safe stuff I can try? I currently wash with Dr Bronners baby mild. I am thinking of pickin up some Calendula cream. Any advice?

carriek38 04-26-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogamama28 (Post 16536880)
I am breaking out so bad. I cannot stand how broken out I am right now. I usually use tons of Benzoyl Peroxide but don't want to anymore now that I'm pregnant. Does anyone have any suggestions for pregnancy safe stuff I can try? I currently wash with Dr Bronners baby mild. I am thinking of pickin up some Calendula cream. Any advice?

Sulfur...I use sulfur soap, which helps a ton, & an acv dilution as a toner & I'm waiting on a sulfur cream from Amazon.

EmilytheStrange 04-26-2013 06:11 PM

Witch hazel.

Wash, apply witch hazel, moisturize

Fixing the pH balance of your skin with witchhazel goes a long way.

yogamama28 04-26-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carriek38

Sulfur...I use sulfur soap, which helps a ton, & an acv dilution as a toner & I'm waiting on a sulfur cream from Amazon.

I found some sulfur cream so I'll give that a shot. Hopefully it helps! If not, I'll try adding some witch hazel into the mix. I don't want to add too many things at once.

Thanks for the advice!

carriek38 04-26-2013 07:49 PM

Re: Acne treatment- HELP!!!

The sulfur can be very drying, so make sure to moisturize. I never think of the witch hazel b/c I can't use it, but it does good things. Also, washing with honey might help.

mmeneely 04-26-2013 08:02 PM

More water and more of a plant-based diet. Nix wheat, grease, dairy, caffeine and sugar. You need to get yourself mor alkaline.

broschcat 04-27-2013 07:11 AM

I hate to say it - I was so happy so see someone post about this (misery loves company). With my first pregnancy I had terrible terrible acne on my back that hurt so back, when I laid on it I would cry. My husband would wipe it down with witch hazel - not sure it helped heal or prevent anything but it was a relief for the pain momentarily!

chandni3 04-27-2013 07:20 AM

Benzoyl Peroxide is pretty safe during pregnancy. Probably safer than your shampoo and body wash. It's been used for years and years with no adverse effects. Yes, if you injected your body with it it could harm the baby but such a small amount even gets absorbed through the skin to your blood stream that it really isn't something to worry about. We eat way worse things that do get to the baby. That said, I'd use a low strength (Like 2-5% which is supposed to be just as effective as high %ages) and apply a small amount. When pregnant I would use it just every other day but after the first trimester my skin became really clear on it's own.

UVASahm 04-27-2013 07:32 AM

I would get a pack of the proactiv starter pack. It's the only thing that worked for my acne. Im almost positive anything you put on your skin won't reach the baby but check with your doctor. The starter pack has a sulfur based mask that was AMAZING!

Zipfelmuetze 04-27-2013 10:13 AM

Calcium Bentonite clay masks helped for me. Skin feels so fresh and pure after. Actually, you can put a scoop of it in your bath too to help detox your entire body. I'm too afraid to ingest it during pregnancy, but I know some people do.