Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When did you start getting baby stuff out? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512408)

Cortney 04-27-2013 02:18 PM

When did you start getting baby stuff out?

Title says it all ;). All I have to buy for baby is a carseat- so everything I need is upstairs packed away in the attic. When is too early to get out the stuff?

lynn97 04-27-2013 03:23 PM

I think it depends on how long you want to look at it and if you have the space for it. Ideally, I would like things ready to go by about 35 weeks. I am 26 weeks pg and we are getting ready to move in 3 weeks. I hope to have the baby's room settled and things washed and put away by around that point but it may be a little later. For now, everything is packed up.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

SaraElise 04-27-2013 04:48 PM

Re: When did you start getting baby stuff out?

My earliest baby was born at 36w 3d so I get things out washed set up and organized starting at about 28 weeks so I have time to be leisurely about it. I'm nearly 33 weeks and we set up the crib this weekend and I'll probably get out the car seat and pack my hospital bag in the next 2 weeks. All clothes and diapers are ready to go.

3 ladybugs 04-27-2013 05:13 PM

I am 26 weeks but I only have at most 12 weeks left. I have taken out all but the swing (didn't want to deal with it yet in the living room) and the baby gym. We have to move furniture to side car the crib so that will be the last thing to come out. I probably will not do that till June at the earliest. I know I am early but I have that luxury this time around so I am doing it. :)

gingerpeachee 04-27-2013 05:47 PM

Last night. (So 35 weeks) lol! I just pulled out all the newbie baby clothing and decided which clothes I actually wanted to put on this boy vs. what I put in the bin because of emotional attachment. So his clothing is separated. Its not washed yet though. I'll leave the cloth diapers upstairs until we're out of newborn sposies. (I use them for about a week until the stump falls off.) I'll make my husband get the swing if I want it when he gets here.... I have suspicions that my 2 year old might make that swing less than safe to keep the baby in....
I went through all my breast pump parts. Still have to buy another pump. My 2 year old is actually still in the crib so I'm going to have to take it down completely and store it upstairs until the baby grows out of the bassinet and then put it back up for Joey doesn't feel like we're stealing his bed for the baby.
I gotta wash the car seat.... ack!

EmilytheStrange 04-27-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97
I think it depends on how long you want to look at it and if you have the space for it.

Exactly.

I didn't want to sweep around a swing, etc just for fun. Sorta waited awhile here.

myblessedbaby 04-27-2013 05:47 PM

I started around 32 weeks so that I could do a little at a time.

MommaLEB 04-27-2013 08:15 PM

I got some stuff out around 30 weeks because it was my spring break and I had time. The rest I've been getting out here and there. I didn't have everything ready until about 37.5 weeks and just tonight I picked up the last two things I needed. Once the new hats are washed baby is welcome. :)

Lisathena 04-30-2013 12:03 PM

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow and am having a waterbirth at home SO i started gathering supplys for the birth last week. This week i put the cosleeper together...debating when to pull out the clothes (we are team green) So i hate having the totes taking up space! LOL might have a few things until we know what baby is then have hubs bring it in.

i usually go to 41 wks tho SO i know i am jumping the gun a bit having things ready at 37 weeks BUT it feels nice and gets me excited!

becca71178 04-30-2013 12:17 PM

I'm 36 weeks today and you just made me realize I should proabably start getting ready! Goodness, we are moving or I'd probably do it this weekend.

We'll move when I'm 38 weeks and probably get things set up at our temporary house then, pray of us that LO isn't early!

Totally forgot about washing the clothes, argh - poor third baby.