Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 29-May 5 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512814)

stevensmom 04-29-2013 10:59 AM

August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 29-May 5

:)

:preggo:

stevensmom 04-29-2013 11:01 AM

Re: August 2013 weekly chat ~ April 29-May 5

back from the lake...finished up the shawl/scarf and just need to put sleeves on the cardigan for "Opidy"

Jennifer: yeah I hate having to pay sales tax :( But yay for getting your carseat

Katie: congrats on the new windows

Tris: I have never knit with roving before it was spun. You can get pencil roving and knit from that...but roving that comes in the big chunks would be very hard imo to knit. :dunno:

missydawn 04-29-2013 11:02 AM

YAY!! A new week. I have a lot of phone calls to be made today and I am waiting for my bg order and my gro via order all of which should be here today. Oh and my stroller is coming today as well. Yeah that is the plan for today.

stevensmom 04-29-2013 11:05 AM

I got my BG order and they mispicked and sent me 2 4.0 noodles instead of 2 xs noodles. And I could have sworn I ordered a twilight (or moonbeam) nb diaper but according to the receipt it was a 4.0. So now I have 7 4.0s and no nb diapers from the sale :banghead: Oh well we use the 4.0s for night time diapers so he'll be set there when he fits into them.

Tris 04-29-2013 11:18 AM

Oh yeah pencil roving was what I was thinking of. I've read a couple other mis-sends from cottonbabies, they sure are slacking!

We worked outside all yesterday,putting down mulch. My garden looks awesome, and we did half the front of the house. I got enough cull wood from Home Depot today to make 2 2x2x18in boxes for the front of the house(all for $4!), I'm excited. I'm ready for spring! And it's raining here today :/

stevensmom 04-29-2013 11:23 AM

I can't wait to plant my veggies! They are sitting and waiting to go in the garden, but according to the "garden guy" he said here don't plant them until after Mother's Day. Which is about when we do it anyways. I need to pick up some carrot seeds.

Our local burger joint gives out seeds instead of toys in their kids' meals. My son only gets the kids meals when he gets his hair cut with my dad. He should be getting another hair cut next week. :giggle2:

Mrs.Os 04-29-2013 01:10 PM

Katie - congrats!!! Sounds like you're house is really in good hands. We looked at a lot of the older homes in our area and windows were such an issue. Even at my parents house which was 70s I think they have awful windows, they leak and get all wet and the panes crack and they let heat out or in and oh I know they want new ones so bad, but they are really expensive. But there are 20 big regular type windows and one picture window with 2 opening windows on the sides and a few half windows in the basement. I think the estimate was $20,000 or more and I think it would have to be contracted out :-( but its such a nice house they should do it if they want to sell it :-/ the house were buying has new Cybele windows... Accept 1 lol and that was actually one of the big pros for it. We've already done heating, plumbing, and electrical... And a little painting... And we still haven't closed. After we close I can see $4000 going into replacing a lot in the bathroom and just repairs :-/ just before we can move in lol. I'm a big fan of constantly improving your home. So were coming up with a plan to keep improving. Congrats, I love older homes and love to hear when they are taken care of. We saw one beautiful place that had been completely remodeled about 160 years old and just absolutely fabulous looking, new carpets and kitchen and bathrooms and windows and everything was restored... But it wasn't for us... It was literally just in a not good location for us but we liked the way the old and new were combined to make it so nice. I hope you can do your porch soon we have done a number of porches and decks, and my uncle just did one on his new property. They buy decent houses and improve for a few years and sell when there's nothing else they can do. I don't know how they find the time and energy but I guess it's a hobby. He had his older kids help. My father just put a new ramp on the church and over the dears people have done deck things where they get 'the guys' together and they tear one off and put on a new one, but its still pricy to get all that lumber. Our projects I think this summer if we move lol... Are going to be get the place fixed up then build a built in bookcase on one wall in a bedroom because we have and will have too many books. And fencing the property lol. We're gonna live at the hardware store.

missydawn 04-29-2013 01:17 PM

AHHH!!! The mail is killing me. I just sent ds to get the mail (two blocks away) knowing my bg seconds should be here today and they are just now delivering the mail. Do they not know I need this package, LOL. Well maybe not need but I would like to know what I got since everyone seems to have gotten something different than what they have ordered.

lalakiwi7 04-29-2013 03:02 PM

DD and I are in Cali visiting my sister and her hubby. SHe is being spoiled rotten. :) and loving every minute of it. THey are taking her to disney land for her birthday tomorrow so she is super excited. Its nice to be getting some sun!!! I think I am turning into a weany.... sitting still for three hour flight wasn't exactly joyous but I flew to Peru which is a 8 hour flight when I was 7 months pregnant with DD. ha funny how things can change.

a friend of mine is sending me like 6 or 7 CD left over from her kiddos and I am super excited. She is sending me a blueberry, and a few others I haven't every tried so that is always fun to get free fluffy mail and I know she took good care of her diapers. :)

any we are going to Laguna beach today so hopefully I won't burn but here's to a nice relaxing day!!

anyone else have any fun plans this week??

missydawn 04-29-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 16544621)
I got my BG order and they mispicked and sent me 2 4.0 noodles instead of 2 xs noodles. And I could have sworn I ordered a twilight (or moonbeam) nb diaper but according to the receipt it was a 4.0. So now I have 7 4.0s and no nb diapers from the sale :banghead: Oh well we use the 4.0s for night time diapers so he'll be set there when he fits into them.

I got my order today and it cam with 4 - nb, 1 - freetime cover, and 1 - freetime albert aio. Exactly what I ordered. Did you call them about the newborns???