Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What do your sick kids do during the day? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515549)

mommabritt 05-08-2013 06:16 PM

What do your sick kids do during the day?

Particularly school-aged. Home with the flu or whatever energy sucking bug they have?

I always get flat sheets out and line the couch (a 10 seater sectional/chaise) and they get their pillow and a blanket and veg on the cool sheets. My dad did this for us too. Then the tv goes on and never goes off unless they sleep. It's all they are content with. They sleep and watch in a cyclic manner all day. I am stuck on the couch and floor mostly too as dd is very attached and being in the carrier scares me right now as she is sporadically sharing her stomach contents. :yuck:

danielle 05-08-2013 06:54 PM

Re: What do your sick kids do during the day?

I set my daughter up on the couch where the tv is and let it run. If I don't have her in front of the tv, she's likely to overexert herself and when she is sick I want her to rest her body.

mibarra 05-08-2013 07:42 PM

Basically same here!

Rhianna'sMommy 05-08-2013 07:48 PM

Dd1 -8- likes to lay on our bed and watch tv in there - and have me shut the door so little siblings have to leave her alone. She's just like I was as a kid - she wants to be left alone when she's sick.
Dd2-5 1/2- would rather lay on the couch right by me and watch tv. She's basically better when she asks to come lay in my room.
Ds -3 1/2-is a snuggler and I'm still lucky of I can lay him down for 30 seconds so I can go pee. He bawls and bawls if he isn't physically in my arms - not beside me but on top of me.

luvsviola 05-08-2013 07:54 PM

DD has a computer in her room (6). She has to stay in her room. She can watch Netflix, play with her toys, and rest.

Leah52 05-08-2013 07:56 PM

We all had the flu (the real flu) back in the winter and it was miserable for over a week. We have an extra full size bed and we brought the mattress downstairs to the den where the big tv is. We had tissue stations, a medicine box and a drink station set up and we lived down there all day. We would go out on the porch once or twice a day for some fresh air and a change of scenery. Luckily we don't get sick very often but if someone is just feeling a little off they usually bring their own blankets down and find a comfy spot to nest in until they feel better.

KiltedKingdom 05-08-2013 07:58 PM

We lay blankets out on the couch and the kids watch a lot of tv. The sick kid(s) get to decide what to watch. Sometimes we'll turn the tv off and either they'll read to themselves (if they don't have headaches) or I'll read to them. Sometimes they even do their schoolwork (we homeschool).

tallanvor 05-08-2013 08:32 PM

It's been so long since any of my kids were sick enough to change our normal routine, that I really don't know. I suppose it would depend what they were sick with.

trying4more 05-09-2013 12:29 AM

lots of tea, water, soup and TV. I'll cuddle with them and read to them, tickle their backs, whatever they want. My mom wasn't a nurturer and I hated it, so I make sure I go all out with my kids.

qsefthuko 05-09-2013 01:19 AM

School age children get the couch, a bucket, and the tv. Younger children get me, the couch, a bucket, and the tv. If they are too young to care about the tv they get everything else and I get the tv as I am stuck on said couch with them.