Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516400)

shouldbedoinglaundry 05-12-2013 03:16 AM

Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

On Father's Day, my husband woke up to a treasure hunt, breakfast in bed
And gifts I had been planning for months after listening carefully
To different things he wanted. Today I woke up to a hastily made card he scribbled hurriedly before church. I am so stung and angry. I am not the kind of person who wallows in self-pity, but I have been in tears all morning. If I look at my fb, I know all I will see will be posts by moms gushing about their thoughtful husbands. Anyone else sad today?

2+2macht4 05-12-2013 03:45 AM

Re: Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

My husband didnt even remember it was mothers day until I reminded him

abunchoflemons 05-12-2013 03:48 AM

Hugs. Mine seems to just in general help others out of the house a little more in general than I anymore. He sleeps like all day and so I am always with the kids. We aren't up for the real big part of the day so not sure if I am going to join you. Mine seems to think I need more jewelry as I don't wear anything but the wedding band as I have bloated fingers since kids and is like what ring do you like......

foggierbard9 05-12-2013 04:15 AM

Mine asked me yesterday if I wanted to go out to eat today knowing we don't have the funds for something like that...and he is sleeping in while I am up with the kids. It is what it is, and I have come to just expect things as they are.

abunchoflemons 05-12-2013 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foggierbard9 (Post 16586597)
Mine asked me yesterday if I wanted to go out to eat today knowing we don't have the funds for something like that...and he is sleeping in while I am up with the kids. It is what it is, and I have come to just expect things as they are.

Agreed. Although I guess for us it seems odd that communication and a lot of that type of stuff seems to have decreased as we got married and over the 4 years married and the 2 before that I think...I know 5 way street....

He stays up all night probably like I said and since I am home at nights alone easier to have 2 smaller with me then hubby just sleeps on couch...

Just don't expect myuch anymore and when a miracle comes I am surprised then... If you have watched summer magic like "mariah says lots ... thick dark cloud then never disappointed but can always be surprised when better comes up.

crunch!910 05-12-2013 05:35 AM

Yup. My husband has already treated me rudely this morning. I feel ya. No cake, no card, no I love you, No "Happy Mother's Day!".

TeachinAuntie 05-12-2013 05:51 AM

I'm just disappointed that we don't have the funds to celebrate in the way we'd both like.

Instead I'll be happy with hugs & kisses from my kids. :)

mommypockets 05-12-2013 06:20 AM

Hugs. One year, when I'd been making breakfast one Mother's Day morning, I *asked* for a verbal Happy Mother's Day, since it seemed I'd been forgotten.. Sadly, I got met with, "I didn't forget. Do you really think you deserve anything?" Seriously? Maybe a hand-made card would be nice. A blade of grass in lieu of flowers, maybe, but to be questioned on if I really deserve it?!? I cook, clean, do laundry, pack lunch for him, take care all by myself of an insanely high-needs, fusssssssssssy kid who still doesn't sleep all night (she was 2 at the time, 5 now), and try to do so with a smile on my face! HECK YEAH, I deserved it, and I still do today, now with two kids. I haven't slept all night in over 6.5yrs, but he sleeps every night!

If he doesn't have anything nice to say today, I hope he doesn't say anything at all. Mother's Day always has a sour taste for me since that day. He refuses to apologize for it, too. He feels justified. Boy, if he could walk even 1/2 a mile in my shoes. He'd be so mad to be met with the hostility I face. :(

Happy Mother's Day to all the unappreciated mommies!

Leanbh 05-12-2013 06:21 AM

No.....it's my DH's busiest day of the YEAR today(he's in the restaurant biz) and has been for past couple of years. I say to him not to worry about mothers day until a day later in the week as it's seriously so important for work and a big old bonus....so win win for us. He did flowers, card and a great gift card...then later in the week we will do meal out with kids etc.

Honestly, I've learned through the years just to tell him EXACTLY what I want as men do have a tendency to drop the ball, give weird gifts etc. So I would tell your DH .....maybe even in a few days so it's not so raw....that you were disappointed and would like xyz from now on. I'm sure he get's that you did a ton of stuff for Father's Day. They need to be told sometimes.....maybe not "right", but it's men 101.

Leanbh 05-12-2013 06:26 AM

Sorry guys some of your stories are really crappy :( You TOTALLY deserve mothers day.

All I can say is I would teach your kids how it "should" be as they are the people who will be celebrating mothers day with you for years to come. As said my DH works today but I'm going to bring the kids out anyway and make it about me, he he. With 4 boys I figure I need to teach them how to take care of their mama and future partners.........make yourselves the queen for the day.

Happy Mother's Day to you all:grphug: