Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Benefits of vax/non-vax/delayed vax? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516777)

Dani_Phen 05-13-2013 03:54 PM

Benefits of vax/non-vax/delayed vax?

I don't want this to turn into a controversial thread by any means. I am honestly just curious as we are pregnant with our second and I'm trying to decide what to do as far as vaxing goes.

I got our 22 month old Ds vaxed from birth to now but with our next (and so on from there) I'm thinking about doing delayed vaxing. I don't know a lot of info though I have done a small amount of research. Does anybody have any info on the benefits of vax verses non-vax? Benefits of delayed vaxing? I'm just looking for info and guidance as I'm not 100% sure what I want to do with our next and I'm still partially...mostly clueless.

theonenonlymrssmith 05-13-2013 04:56 PM

I would recommend dr sears book called "the vaccine book, making the right decision for your child" it's got a ton of great info about each separate shot, what's in it, why you would want it, why you wouldn't. Etc. he also offeres a delayed vax schedule. your library probably has it, but it's only about 10$ or so.

Chellot06 05-13-2013 06:52 PM

ive done delayed. my ds was #4. the other three we did on schedule. but when he came early and went thru so much in the nicu i decided wed do no more than two at a time. never vaccinces combined. no more than one live virus at a time. he had roto drink once and had a bad reaction so we opted out of the rest. also im gonna split mmr to m then m then r...no one ever contracts the measules mumps or rubella all at once do they? lol we are delayed i guess cause he will be eventually fully vaccinated

alyxmegan 05-13-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith
I would recommend dr sears book called "the vaccine book, making the right decision for your child" it's got a ton of great info about each separate shot, what's in it, why you would want it, why you wouldn't. Etc. he also offeres a delayed vax schedule. your library probably has it, but it's only about 10$ or so.

You recommended this book to me as well and I loved it. The info was easy to understand and it helped me a lot. I would cover one section every evening and high lighted what I wanted to discuss with DH. Great book and great info!

theonenonlymrssmith 05-13-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alyxmegan

You recommended this book to me as well and I loved it. The info was easy to understand and it helped me a lot. I would cover one section every evening and high lighted what I wanted to discuss with DH. Great book and great info!

So glad you liked it!! I wish amazon had a lending option for it.

Kiliki 05-13-2013 07:38 PM

Re: Benefits of vax/non-vax/delayed vax?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith (Post 16590872)

I second this.

karikos 05-13-2013 07:52 PM

Thanks for making this post, I was just wondering the same. I'll check that book out from the library :)

z2akids 05-14-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chellot06 (Post 16591199)
ive done delayed. my ds was #4. the other three we did on schedule. but when he came early and went thru so much in the nicu i decided wed do no more than two at a time. never vaccinces combined. no more than one live virus at a time. he had roto drink once and had a bad reaction so we opted out of the rest. also im gonna split mmr to m then m then r...no one ever contracts the measules mumps or rubella all at once do they? lol we are delayed i guess cause he will be eventually fully vaccinated

MMR is no longer manufactured as individual vaccines. Nor does the drug company have plans to start manufacturing them individually any longer.

Dani_Phen 05-14-2013 07:31 AM

Thanks ladies! I'll definitely check to see if I can get that book in our library...if it looks like something I'll like and use, I'll likely buy it. Thanks. I was kind of looking for some info on where I can go for info on all vaccines...so that might be what I need. Thanks again!

myclanof6 05-14-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z2akids

MMR is no longer manufactured as individual vaccines. Nor does the drug company have plans to start manufacturing them individually any longer.

Yes to this. We do two shots at a time but this one we will do by itself because of the potency.
We delay just because I don't think little bodies need to be overloaded with all the stuff that's in them. I breastfeed so they are getting what they need through my milk so no need to bombard their systems. :)