Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Oven cooked bacon! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524924)

BoyCrazy 06-16-2013 03:53 PM

Oven cooked bacon!

After seeing so many pins about cooking bacon in the oven instead of frying, I finally tried it today.

Mind=blown.

Seriously, it was so easy, turned out awesome, and best of all, no clean up. Where has this been all my life?

All you do is line a baking dish with foil (a large shallow pan like a jelly roll or rimmed cookie sheet would be best). Arrange bacon on the foil, put it in the oven and turn it to 400, don't preheat. Check it around 17-20 minutes and take it out when it's done. That's it! After breakfast I threw out the foil with the cooled grease in it, the pans were still perfectly clean, no washing required!

Leah52 06-16-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Oven cooked bacon!

I know, we tried this a couple of weeks ago and I'm never pan frying bacon again! We did one batch with a little brown sugar and cayenne pepper sprinkled on it and it was so good too!

myclanof6 06-16-2013 04:11 PM

We've been doing oven bacon for a few months and I love it! There are a lot of us so it took forever to cook bacon before. I'm glad you made that discovery!

MDever 06-16-2013 04:14 PM

If you have one of those stone pans from pampered chef you can skip the foil.

erin_c_odonnell 06-16-2013 04:15 PM

really? gotta try this :giggle:

4boys1girlforme 06-16-2013 04:20 PM

I cook 3 pounds at a time and lay it on wax paper sheets and freeze in a freezer bag- then I have my own pre-cooked bacon with just a few seconds in the microwave!
Pre-cooked bacon costs $20+ per pound- I can get uncooked bacon for $3 per pound- huge savings!

babycat42 06-16-2013 04:27 PM

I almost always bake my bacon in the oven it is such a time and mess saver. I also save the bacon grease to skillet cook my hamburgers and in a couple of other recipes too.

Holly dolly 06-16-2013 05:00 PM

Oh this is one of my favorite tricks!! My dh lives it because it stays flat...perfect for bacon sandwiches. :giggle;

EmmaGM 06-16-2013 05:01 PM

I cook mine a lot less and then when I need it microwave it so its hot and crunchy :) can't even tell it was precooked.

DottieHarley 06-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme
I cook 3 pounds at a time and lay it on wax paper sheets and freeze in a freezer bag- then I have my own pre-cooked bacon with just a few seconds in the microwave!
Pre-cooked bacon costs $20+ per pound- I can get uncooked bacon for $3 per pound- huge savings!

This is genius. MUST remember to try this!