Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I need a hug. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1528619)

Zoethink 07-01-2013 04:34 PM

I need a hug.

We have had a rocky go of it. DD started loosing weight at three weeks and she has been on progressively more formula to the point that she is practically full time formula fed. She is 13 weeks now. She still latches on and will nurse in the night sometimes, but I fear that isn't going to last forever. I get hardly anything when I pump. I thought I had come to terms with it. I ffed DS and I got over it. For both of them I tried everything, I just never made enough milk for either of them.

But today we went to the pediatrician's and as we were waiting for our turn this beautiful mom came out nursing her DD who looked to be about the same age as my DD and I just burst out crying, right there in the waiting room. :cry:

I don't know her story, she may have fought tooth and nail for that moment. It just looked so effortless and I am so sad that my experience has been the opposite of that.

Thanks for listening.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-01-2013 04:45 PM

Re: I need a hug.

:bighug:

teacherpippi 07-01-2013 04:48 PM

:hugs:

More later, but here's another one :hugs:.

EmilytheStrange 07-01-2013 08:32 PM

Big hug

That night nursing you're doing is some of the most important. It totally counts.

yoliyoda 07-01-2013 08:46 PM

:grphug::grphug: ... it isn't an easy road. No matter what you are doing the best you can.... your LO knows that, and lots of us understand.

teacherpippi 07-01-2013 08:47 PM

Ok back now :).

That had to be really disappointing. It's hard when nursing is hard.

Emily is right- you are doing great things with the nursing you're doing. :hugs:

Mom2jandb 07-01-2013 10:15 PM

:hugs:

Night nursing is wonderful though! And super important, especially when they get mobile and too busy to eat while awake. And please know that pump output is NO indicator of supply!

mibarra 07-01-2013 11:10 PM

Sorry mama. Its extremely hard when we can't do what we dreamed for our LOs. You are doing the best thing for your baby, whatever ends up happening.

bluecandi 07-01-2013 11:15 PM

Ive also had to fight tooth and nail for our nursing relationship so I can for sure relate to your struggles. Huge hugs!!!!!!

Yarnjess 07-01-2013 11:52 PM

Hugs to you.

Have you tried an SNS? I know a couple moms who couldn't produce enough and went that route. That way, baby still got the supplementation, but they also got the breastfeeding relationship. If you've tried it and it didn't work for you, then please disregard. I just wanted to put it out there in case no one had mentioned it before.

::hugs:: again.