Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PSA ... Don't fly usair if you are pregnant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1532712)

JasmineMama 07-19-2013 12:08 AM

PSA ... Don't fly usair if you are pregnant

And have morning sickness. The woman at the desk said they would land the plane and kick me off if I was sick even once on the plane and that I could not fly until I was not sick (for me week 20+). I will never fly usair again. So worried I won't be able to make it home to my family. :crying::crying:

Fishie Kisses 07-19-2013 12:23 AM

So they land the plane every time someone gets airsick??! That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry mama

lynn97 07-19-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
So they land the plane every time someone gets airsick??! That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry mama

Agreed. Some people just get motion sickness. I'm thinking that lady is just a whack job.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mamaleah 07-19-2013 03:19 AM

Re: PSA ... Don't fly usair if you are pregnant

There are barf bags at every seat...not sure how it would be feasible for them to land the plane everytime someone got sick. I wouldn't take what she said as true. Absurd.

JasmineMama 07-19-2013 06:01 AM

She was refusing to let me board. I was sobbing in the airport, finally one of her coworkers let me board. Definitely calling customer service on her.

litigatrix 07-19-2013 06:28 AM

US Air is the worst. As ridiculous as her stance is (and I VERY much doubt that they would EVER land a plane just because someone barfed -- especially a pregnant lady!) it almost doesn't even surprise me coming from that airline!

UVASahm 07-19-2013 06:41 AM

I am so sorry that happened to you! I'm sure it was just that one lady being a crazy person. In my experience, the rules to board a plane vary GREATLY from crew to crew.

Fwiw, my younger sister got sick in the walkway to the airplane and they let her board. She was hungover ;). I love to bring that one up.

Agla 07-19-2013 06:48 AM

That can't possibly be true. How can she predict when anyone will get sick?

I'll keep your experience in mind the next time I book a flight.

onematchfire 07-19-2013 07:41 AM

I dislike US Air for a number of reasons, but passenger treatment and interpretation of policy really does vary tremendously by gate agent and flight crew, no matter which airline you fly (I'm usually a Delta girl, but have flown USeless and American in the pst six weeks). Same thing goes for whether they'll let a pregnant woman sit in an exit row -- totally crew discretion.

The only place the airlines are fairly consistent about how they treat pregnant women is that they don't want you flying after 36 weeks, mostly because they don't want the chance that you'll go into labor on the plane (there isn't supposed to be any increased risk that you will, but they'd rather not take the chance).

ambieone 07-19-2013 07:42 AM

How did she even know you are pregnant? I'd just wear baggy clothes on my return flight. That is insane!