Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help! I can't sleep (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1546610)

Mama*Kim 09-20-2013 03:05 PM

Help! I can't sleep

I'm about 9 weeks. For the last week, I'm sleeping terribly. Waking up a ton and not able to fall back to sleep easily. Sometimes I need to pee, sometimes I'm not comfortable, others are just random. Which of course means I'm even more tired all day. Help! I need my beauty sleep!

EmmaGM 09-20-2013 03:07 PM

I take half a unisom throughout pregnancy to take the edge off morning sickness. Bonus: I sleep like a baby.

Mama*Kim 09-20-2013 05:11 PM

I might have to try Unisom. I've been living on Sprite and crackers anyway.

my5sons 09-20-2013 06:02 PM

Re: Help! I can't sleep

I feel your pain :-( Almost 22 weeks here, and I am tired ALL THE TIME, but yet I have the worst insomnia! Some of it is snoring husband, or waking 1 1/2 yr old, or 3 year old with night terrors...sigh. But mainly I just can't get comfortable, and I have to pee a million times a night. OK, slight exaggeration, but it FEELS like a million! I sometimes take 25mg of diphenhydramine ( I use Z-quil ) but I don't want to be dependent on something to get me to sleep. I honestly wish I had an answer for you...it sucks to be so incredibly tired but yet not be able to sleep... :-(

kismetbaby 09-21-2013 12:18 AM

Please try magnesium supplements! It can really help and it is safe. Epsom salt baths are another way to get magnesium and they are relaxing before bed. I hated pg insomnia.

trying4more 09-21-2013 01:50 AM

I have horrible insomnia. I take meds for it, but they aren't safe in pregnancy, so now I'm just stare at the wall and toss and turn. Some nights I can sleep ok, but most nights it's horrid.
Unisom/Benadryl does NOTHING for me.

I try to at least be active during the day, drink lots of fluids, try not to eat anything stimulating at night, stretch or do some yoga in the dark.
I think when I do yoga/stretching in the dark with meditation music on, or positive birth affirmations, it really helps gets the tension out of my body, and the dark helps calm my brain down.

blessedwifenmama 09-21-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kismetbaby (Post 16927988)
Please try magnesium supplements! It can really help and it is safe. Epsom salt baths are another way to get magnesium and they are relaxing before bed. I hated pg insomnia.

This. I used magnesium oil transdermally and hated it because it left an unpleasant sensation on my skin, but when I skipped it I had terrible issues with night waking. As a bonus it may help with morning sickness and headaches as well.

my5sons 09-21-2013 12:19 PM

Is magnesium oil something you could find at Walmart or a local grocery store?

blessedwifenmama 09-21-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my5sons (Post 16928728)
Is magnesium oil something you could find at Walmart or a local grocery store?

I've seen it at my local health food store but not a chain store. I plan on trying to make my own using epsom salts instead of the magnesium chloride flakes in this recipe.

RainandRedemption 09-21-2013 01:40 PM

I took natural calm magnesium powder when I couldn't sleep

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum