Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   At what point did you feel a strong connection with LO? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1557792)

Ber10512 11-18-2013 08:09 AM

At what point did you feel a strong connection with LO?

I'm 17 weeks along, and so far it's been pretty hard for me to feel a "connection" with the baby. I'm excited/nervous and have been getting prepared and everything, I love hearing the heartbeat. But it's really hard for me to picture myself (and my new life) with a newborn at this point. We hope to find out the gender in a couple weeks, I really hope that helps. But this made me wonder - when did you feel a connection? Any tips or advice??

mugsywebb 11-18-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ber10512 (Post 17065721)
I'm 17 weeks along, and so far it's been pretty hard for me to feel a "connection" with the baby. I'm excited/nervous and have been getting prepared and everything, I love hearing the heartbeat. But it's really hard for me to picture myself (and my new life) with a newborn at this point. We hope to find out the gender in a couple weeks, I really hope that helps. But this made me wonder - when did you feel a connection? Any tips or advice??

For me, it was when I could feel DS move. Then I instantly connected with that "omg there's my baby!" Then it got even better when we found out the sex and picked a name.

Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 11-18-2013 08:14 AM

Re: At what point did you feel a strong connection with LO?

With DS, not until he was a few weeks old but we didn't find out the sex and his birth was awful. With DD, we found out that she was a girl and that helped me a LOT, because I could picture her better. So I was already very connected to her when she was born.

danimdel 11-18-2013 02:41 PM

With my first it was around when I found out she was a girl, which is also when I started to feel her move. Ds was soon as the test was positive. My newbie dd I didn't feel connected to at all during the pregnancy but was instantly when she was born. The pregnancy was very difficult for me and the pregnancy before her was a loss so that made it much harder to feel connected.

happysmileylady 11-18-2013 02:54 PM

I never feel some huge great connection during pregnancy. Even at birth, there's not this huge instant "in love" feeling. It just something that grows over time as I get to know baby.

leyash 11-18-2013 02:55 PM

i had a loss before i got pregnant with ds4, so it took me quite awhile to bond with him. honestly, it was probably around the 36 week mark, when i knew that if he came now, he would be okay, most likely. when he finally was here, it was a bond so strong. <3 sounds cliche, but it was a bond stronger than i remember having with any of my other three. maybe because he was a rainbow baby. maybe because he is my last. i don't know.

karikos 11-18-2013 03:13 PM

When they confirmed that he was a boy (I always had a feeling that he was a boy, from the very beginning) and I could feel him move.

2boysmama 11-18-2013 03:57 PM

For me it was once we had a name. I was super sad to find out it was another boy (don't judge me please!) and I had that time of mourning that I wouldn't have a daughter, well, not this time at least. Once we finally settled on a name and started using it in conversation I got excited for him. I'm still not as connected as I was with the others but I think I will be fine once he's born. Ds3 just stole my heart. I know it is horrible to have a 'favorite' and I wouldn't say that he is just that he is my mama's boy and the other's are always more for their daddy. Ds3 and I had a rough start and really bonded through that.

sisu 11-18-2013 04:28 PM

Around 16-17 weeks with my first when he really started moving. Well, when I started feeling him moving, I guess.

Much later with my second. I was just too busy with a toddler to focus on my pregnancy as much with her.

We didn't find out the sex with or third and I never really felt super bonded to him while pregnant, but I had the the hugest rush of "OMG I'M SO IN LOVE!!" when I held him for the first time. :)

Don't stress over it! It'll come in time.

miriamleigh 11-18-2013 04:51 PM

I never feel particularly connected to my pregnancies. I think a lot of women have trouble "bonding" with their inutero babies. Don't let it make you feel bad!