Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Whats for dinner? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215171)

CrunchyMama0607 08-29-2007 12:12 PM

Whats for dinner?

:mrgreen: I like reading what others are having for dinner and swapping recipes if i like the way it sounds :yummy:

CrunchyMama0607 08-29-2007 03:42 PM

Re: Whats for dinner? (can we make this a sticky?)

:bumpsign:

itsymama 08-29-2007 07:25 PM

Well hubby is having leftovers of salsa verde stew and I am having salsa chicken ( both from the crock pot thread ) , the only way I get to cook chicken for dinner is if hubby has leftovers lol .

McMamma38 08-29-2007 09:17 PM

We had cheese burgers(I COOKED AT HOME),steak fries,Bush's baked beans and iced sweet tea.Had to be easy and quick tonight-so tired!

Monzie 08-29-2007 09:42 PM

We had my famous veggie chili and a loaf of homemade wheat bread (from the bread machine). I doubled the chili batch this time so I could freeze half for after the baby comes. We'll get four meals out of this double batch...tonight's regular chili dinner, then I'll make veggie chili dogs in a day or two with what's left of the stuff I didn't freeze, and then, in a month or two, we'll have the same two meals all over again. Hopefully, the baby doesn't mind a little spicy milk! ;)

Later this week, I'm going to make a double batch of spinach and ricotta lasagne and freeze half of that. And then I'll be doing the same thing with cheese and olive enchiladas next week. Hopefully, by making extra stuff now, I'll have enough dinners in the freezer to get us through the hectic first couple of weeks that the baby's here.

bebeboy03 08-29-2007 09:45 PM

ohhh cheese and olive enchiladas!!! I think I need that recipe! sounds yummy!!

Anyways, tonight we had bbq pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw. I got the recipe from a mama on here when I asked what to do with a pork shoulder. It was super yummy and dh loved it! I froze some of the leftovers for later!!

itsymama 08-29-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monzie (Post 1681165)
We had my famous veggie chili and a loaf of homemade wheat bread (from the bread machine). I doubled the chili batch this time so I could freeze half for after the baby comes. We'll get four meals out of this double batch...tonight's regular chili dinner, then I'll make veggie chili dogs in a day or two with what's left of the stuff I didn't freeze, and then, in a month or two, we'll have the same two meals all over again. Hopefully, the baby doesn't mind a little spicy milk! ;)

Later this week, I'm going to make a double batch of spinach and ricotta lasagne and freeze half of that. And then I'll be doing the same thing with cheese and olive enchiladas next week. Hopefully, by making extra stuff now, I'll have enough dinners in the freezer to get us through the hectic first couple of weeks that the baby's here.

That is what I am hoping to do before baby comes :thumbsup:

By the way the salsa chicken turned out great , I shredded it up then made chicken tacos with cheese and sour cream !

Melissa~BHS 08-29-2007 10:43 PM

I made elbow macaroni with light alfredo sauce, then cooked some cubed kielbasa in a skillet & tossed it all together. I topped it with parmesan and basil, made garlic toast and served it with applesauce. We had chocolate chip banana bread for dessert.

newmommy 08-30-2007 07:24 AM

We are having

Rustic chicken and potato gratin
mixed vegetables
salad
Crescent rolls

Monzie 08-30-2007 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebeboy03 (Post 1681187)
ohhh cheese and olive enchiladas!!! I think I need that recipe! sounds yummy!!

Anyways, tonight we had bbq pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw. I got the recipe from a mama on here when I asked what to do with a pork shoulder. It was super yummy and dh loved it! I froze some of the leftovers for later!!

I haven't made them in a while but the recipe was pretty simple, as I recall. It was just sauteed mushrooms and onions mixed with chopped black olives and shredded cheese, rolled into corn tortillas, topped with enchilada sauce and more cheese, and baked. My husband raved about them.

I'll post the actual recipe when I make them in a few days, okay? :)