Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Submit your Breastfeeding Book Reviews! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83)

bethanyjoy 04-19-2006 07:38 AM

Submit your Breastfeeding Book Reviews!

I'd love to compile a list of reviews about breastfeeding books that you found helpful or UNhelpful. Whether it was getting started, staying motivated, trouble-shooting, help with weaning, choosing child-led weaning, whatever! Please post a brief review here, and once we have a few I'll compile them for a sticky.

Thanks again, Mommas!! :D

scatterbrainedmom 04-23-2006 11:29 AM

Re: Submit your Breastfeeding Book Reviews!

So That's What They're For

ocfb16 04-24-2006 10:08 PM

The Breastfeeding Book : Everything You Need to Know About Nursing Your Child from Birth Through Weaning by Dr. Sears

This book helped me out soooo much. It covers everything you could possibly think of. I was completely clueless on the whole breastfeeding process. I learned everything I need to know from this one book. Everytime I ever had a problem the book always had an answer.

rlharp5375 04-26-2006 11:25 AM

Dr. Jack Newman's
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers.

I wouldn't had made it this far 6 months without this book. I had so many obsticals. But we stuck with it!

clothdiaperoutlet 04-26-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocfb16
The Breastfeeding Book : Everything You Need to Know About Nursing Your Child from Birth Through Weaning by Dr. Sears

This book helped me out soooo much. It covers everything you could possibly think of. I was completely clueless on the whole breastfeeding process. I learned everything I need to know from this one book. Everytime I ever had a problem the book always had an answer.

I totally agree! I didn't find this book until dd was 4 weeks old. I read it cover to cover and still learned a ton. I really wish I'd had it earlier. I have several bf'ing books, but The Breastfeeding Book was definately the best.

http://clothdiaperoutlet.com/catalog...3Fcategory%3D9

bethanyjoy 04-26-2006 05:48 PM

"The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding", published by La Leche League International

This is a great book to have on the bookshelf. Lots of practical information, fabulous information on getting a good latch, position tips, etc.; also great info on NIP, pumping for work, etc.

The Common Concerns chapter is especially valuable; covers issues like milk supply, thrush, sore nipples, mastitis, plugged ducts, and all those others things you hopefully never have to deal with.

This is very much a "mothering" manual as well; it promotes a highly nurturing style of parenting, listening to your baby and instincts, and basically just encourages a mother to relax and enjoy her baby.

a_cthelen 06-04-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethanyjoy
"The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding", published by La Leche League International

This is a great book to have on the bookshelf. Lots of practical information, fabulous information on getting a good latch, position tips, etc.; also great info on NIP, pumping for work, etc.

The Common Concerns chapter is especially valuable; covers issues like milk supply, thrush, sore nipples, mastitis, plugged ducts, and all those others things you hopefully never have to deal with.

This is very much a "mothering" manual as well; it promotes a highly nurturing style of parenting, listening to your baby and instincts, and basically just encourages a mother to relax and enjoy her baby.

:yeahthat:

MamaStace 06-12-2006 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrainedmom

:yeahthat:

That's my ALL TIME favorite breastfeeding book!!!!!!

mercy589 06-13-2006 12:33 PM

The Breastfeeding Cafe : Mothers Share the Joys, Challenges, and Secrets of Nursing by Barbara Behrmann

This is a great book! Its not so much a how to type book, but a collection of stories as well as a look at the history of breastfeeding and the development of formula. I found this book easy to read, well written, and sooo encouraging. I would definitely recommend it. (I found that the never ending nursing sessions went by faster if I had something to read.) ;) Defiinitely pick this one up!

quixb 06-21-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlharp5375
Dr. Jack Newman's
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers.

I wouldn't had made it this far 6 months without this book. I had so many obsticals. But we stuck with it!

I AGREE!! This one is still like a Bible in our house :)